PDA

View Full Version : Chui's Dreamcast SDL driver available

chui
October 4th, 2005, 23:00
It is a SDL (v1.2.9) driver for Dreamcast console and it is based on Bero's driver, but it has new features as addons:

- Fast DMA video driver.
- Textured video driver for virtual resolutions.
- Direct framebuffer video driver using store queues.
- Correct OpenGL integration.
- Fast threaded audio driver.
- Mouse emulation using analog pad.
- Mapped keys as pad buttons.
- Correct timer driver.

A library set for fast portable and powerful coding: UAE4ALL, NEO4ALL and DCaSTaway are Chui's SDL driver based.

Examples, downloads and more info at Chui's Dreamcast SDL driver homepage (http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/sdl.html)

MetaFox
October 4th, 2005, 23:05
- Correct OpenGL integration.Very cool. I'll definately try it out when I wake back up.

chui
October 4th, 2005, 23:11
mmm... correct KGL integration, KGL not a complete OpenGL, sorry !

But works, see GL-Test.

bender
October 5th, 2005, 00:16
Thanks chui. Thinking how many platforms/OS are supported by the SDL, all things made to improve the libs seem really interesting for the people out there :D

Christuserloeser
October 5th, 2005, 00:55
Fantastic job, Chui. Thank you for everything :)

JMD
October 5th, 2005, 07:53
Great Chui :).

ron
October 5th, 2005, 08:43
Vale Chui., Thanks a lot.

bender
October 5th, 2005, 10:37
Just for the people don't know anything about the dc (me :D). What are the things remaining to port from kos to sdl-dc?. I think it's a very nice idea a multiplatform library that's lets you to dev/test most of the things in any OS/machine with the best perfomance possible ;)

thanks

(ron, I PM'ed you :p)

chui
October 5th, 2005, 12:05
Maybe it's a easy task but a long time speends, because a lot of changes are need: events, sound and graphics. Depends of game/application.

Read official SDL documentation and see sdl-dc examples.

arqueiro
October 5th, 2005, 12:21
Wonderfull ! i was waiting for this! cant wait too test it :P

gracias chui !

omer
October 6th, 2005, 21:28
thank a lot chui ! this will be very useful for devers !

SiZiOUS
October 7th, 2005, 18:35
With the Chui' lib, morback (our dcnetparty project) is very faster than the original.

So : Thanks Chui :D !!!

GPF
October 17th, 2005, 15:38
Im trying to use the SDL_DC_SetSoundBuffer in your libs but only the definition is found in the SDL_dreamcast.h , can't find it used in the source.

so when I try to use it I get error

: undefined reference to `_SDL_DC_SetSoundBuffer'

thanks,
Troy

ron
October 17th, 2005, 17:35
You' have news tonight about this.ok the function is not working because the name of function is bad and is not correct, we'll be patched today night. Cheers