PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man 9 Set for WiiWare

Shrygue
June 26th, 2008, 19:47
via IGN (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/884/884605p1.html)

Our ears perked up last week when we saw Capcom had filed the title Mega Man 9 with Australia's Classification Review Board (down under's version of the Entertainment Software Ratings Board). It's been over ten years since we were blessed with a proper new Mega Man game. Now it looks like the next entry in the series is set for Nintendo's WiiWare service.

Fansite The Mega Man Network has gotten its hands on a couple (blurry) scans from the next issue of Nintendo Power. The screenshots look like the classic 8-bit Mega Man we all know and love. Capcom is apparently going old school with this one. Mega Man Network lists the following robot bad guys:

Magma Man
Galaxy Man
Jewel Man
Concrete Man
Hornet Man
Plug Man
Tornado Man
Splash WOMAN (although this isn't confirmed, yet)

Mega Man 9 is being developed by Inti Creates, a team made up of former Capcom devs that brought us the first three Mega Man X games, Mega Man Zero, and the Mega Man ZX series.

firedragon_jing
June 26th, 2008, 20:50
Oh my GOOOOOOOD O.O...--.--...O.O!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, oh I am so buying this. I have not played a proper Megaman since Megaman 6, oh I so hope this doesn't disappoint.

Eviltaco64
June 26th, 2008, 21:21
I thought Rockman and Forte was Megaman 9?

Shuichi
June 27th, 2008, 00:53
They already said it's not gonna tie in with the X Series for this game so i'm not really interested in it seems like a waste of time when I can always play another Megaman game from the huge list.

Eviltaco64: Why does everyone think that? It was a spinoff game it was never labeled 9 it's more of a 8.5

firedragon_jing
June 27th, 2008, 03:57
People think Megaman and Bass was Megaman 9 because it linked 8 to X, and there was nothing else inbetween, till now I guess.

kingslime80
June 27th, 2008, 04:39
Rockman and Forte/Megaman and Bass is a seperate game, more of an alternate happening between 8 & 9. I personally don't see how it relates to Rockman/Megaman X after playing both SNES and GBA versions. Please enlighten me. :)

Yami Mario
June 27th, 2008, 10:38
Scans please?