View Full Version : nintenDEV ISO

smell-the-death
June 27th, 2008, 03:39
I recently discovered an ISO that has all the Windows tools needed to create Sega Dreamcast homebrew, and I thought it was a wonderful idea, so I'm making my own ISO for Nintendo systems. It'll have mostly NDS compilers and libraries, but I will also put as many other Nintendo console compilers and libraries that I can find, plus some tutorials. I'm including PALib, of course. Two things:

1. Would anyone like to help me and/or join the project and/or write some tutorials? (I think I can do it myself, but help is always appreciated.)

2. Does anyone know where to find compilers and/or assemblers for the following systems (if they exist): N64, NES, SNES, GBC

Thanks for your time!

yeyezai
June 27th, 2008, 14:41
Nice news for programer~
XD

DanTheManMS
June 27th, 2008, 18:11
Unless the Dreamcast compiler is still being updated, this would be a different case than the one you found. This would be a bad idea since DevKitARM releases and ndslib updates are still being made, which would render your ISO out-of-date in a matter of months. It's fairly simple to download the DevKitPro updater which will automatically download the entire toolchain, compiler, and Programmmer's Notepad. If you feel the need to add PAlib onto that, I'm guessing it's a relatively simple process.

Not to be mean or anything, but we don't need yet another unofficial distribution of DevKitARM and the complaints people will make to wintermute (its author) as a result of it once it becomes out of date.