PDA

View Full Version : Asus EEE PC 900

Axelius
June 27th, 2008, 13:45
Hi folks, I just wanted to let you know that I ordered an Asus EEE PC 900 yesterday from Amazon. I know that the EEE PC 900 is old news for some people but here in Germany it was just released yesterday.

According to Amazon I will receive their package on Monday, and I'm really looking forward to that day :cool:

What I really want to know: What do you think about the EEE PC. Do you think it's useless because it only has 900MHz? Or just 12 GB free space? Or are you of the opinion that it is awesome because it is just so tiny (like me)?

Honestly I feel exactly like the day before I bought my PSP. In the past few months I've rarely used my PSP, but this EEE could be my PSP of the second generation:rolleyes:

BTW: I tried to make a forum search for EEE PC, but it only accepts words longer than 4 letters:rofl:

Triv1um
June 27th, 2008, 13:59
They are quite a decent machine when running ubuntu or xubuntu.

I think they are a bit gimmicky though, I much rather just purchase another laptop.

Hope you enjoy it :)

WhizzBang
June 27th, 2008, 14:34
I think they are great. My friend has one and I am tempted to get one myself, but am struggling to justify it to my girlfriend.

I found the keyboard a little bit painful to use, but if I had one I would mainly use it for the internet and ZX Spectrum emulation so wouldn't do that much typing on it.

Saracchini
June 27th, 2008, 16:13
I have one Eee 701 4G. Itīs a great notebook in terms of portability and mobility... it dont occupies more space than a medium-sized book. I loved it.

Of course the main problem is not the 900 MHz (it is not much slow for my needs) but the disk space... i had to bought an SD card to use like hard disk to store data because with all my programs installed plus Mandriva it have 3 Gb of 4GB used... itīs a real pain.

ICE
June 27th, 2008, 20:29
I have a 4g as well and love it. Just buy a large sd card and you're golden. N64 and PSX at full speed on mine with my psp as my gamepad is great.

Dont expect to store your music collection on it though.. lol

Axelius
June 28th, 2008, 08:51
There would probably enough space for my whole music collection, but I will just put let's say the 150 most recent songs on it, the ones that I really listen to. And then I will put one or two movies on it, and of course N64, PS1 and GBA-Emulation...Hope all that fits on the ssd...

Next history lesson will be fun, when I will be playing SuperMarioKart64 under my desk with my friends :rofl:

I find it rather funny, that I will have to adapt to 12Gb, when even the 1000Gb+Some external harddrives of my main computer are almost full...

EDIT: Hi folks, now I have my EEE PC :)

And I must say, it is really cool!! So small and still enough power! And also quiet. You can berely hear it...
I'm just installing all my programs so I'll be busy the next few hours...