June 27th, 2008, 23:13
Ok I am looking to get a new laptop now I was thinking of getting the new

Alienware Area-51® m15x

or

one of the Macbook range. Not to sure on what one though

Suggestions or reccomendations

dejkirkby
June 28th, 2008, 05:08
You'll need some tidy money for either of those to be honest.
It all comes down to personal choice.
Out of the two, I'd go for the Alienware.

Axelius
June 28th, 2008, 11:31
I wouldn't buy a Mac.

It's not that I hate Mac, but I just never had one thus I don't exactly know how to use it. In WinXP I know almost every button, with a Mac I would have to start over again.

And about the Windows on Mac thing: It's still a little tricky. If you want a PC with Windows, just don't buy a Mac;)

masterchief929
June 28th, 2008, 13:33
i would get alienware.

Triv1um
June 28th, 2008, 13:50
Get the alienware.

Malksta
June 28th, 2008, 14:11
Alienware.com describes the Alienware Area-51® m15x as a powerful laptop. For me, this would be an incredibly easy choice. Alienware

mike_jmg
June 28th, 2008, 17:15
Depends on what would you use it for
but I'll say Alienware

beetroot bertie
June 28th, 2008, 18:46
Like what's already been mentioned above, it really depends on how you're going to use it. If gaming is a priority then the Alienware is a better prospect but from my own perspective, I like using Macs much more. I find them easier to use and less problematic overall, but they're a little overpriced.

I'm kinda like Alexius in reverse in the sense that I've spent most of my time on Macs rather than Windows based PCs so I like what I know and in my case it's Macs.

To be honest, whatever it is you want to do with it is likely to be possible on either and you'll probably get a lot out of either machine. I just prefer the Mac OS. So that's my 2 pence worth.

Eviltaco64
June 28th, 2008, 18:52
I'd say Alienware. But I'd recommend building a custom PC. Alienware's dont come cheap.

NoQuarter
June 28th, 2008, 19:54
For gaming go for the Alienware(Dell,lol),anything media production related go with a Macbook.Whatever you get just be sure to throw linux on it.

Shadowblind
June 28th, 2008, 20:06
Mac, if you hate games. Everything else get Alienware.