PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Dizzy Wii - WIP - V0.94 Beta (27.06.2008)

wraggster
June 28th, 2008, 14:51
News/release from foxysofts

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x5qu59

History

Dizzy is a figure with multiple adventures created by Oliver Twins. Published by Codemasters in 1990 on Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST and DOS.

Scenario

Dizzy decides to visit his girlfriend Daisy to whom he intends to offer a pearl necklace. Lack of opportunity instead of unbateau of cruise, Dizzy is on a pirate ship ...
The Captain Blackheart was soon to discover that the gift cache Dizzy and his hard hands before the throw overboard.

Dizzy peak flows to the ocean bottom, it must go back quickly before running out of air. By the way, he will collect beads to replace the lost necklace.

The Wii version

First I converted this game of the Atari ST version to the PC in C / SDL to be focused on symbian. The Wii version is therefore rapid adaptation of this version C / SDL.

The game is played with the DPad of the wiimote for traveling left-right and the B button to jump.

Updates

V0.91b - 06.06.2008 - First public release.

V0.92b - 07.06.2008 - Splash screen, screen title, gameover, ...

V0.93b - 09.06.2008 - Music, cleaning sprites

V0.94b - 27.06.2008 - Added SFX

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

El Stefio
June 28th, 2008, 16:33
Loved this game on my CPC back in the day - dispite its complete disregard for the laws of physics :P

middle man
June 28th, 2008, 17:24
Cool. loved dizzy as a kid. probably the first game i ever really played. any chance of porting over any of the other (better) games in the series??? like Prince of the Yolkfolk or Treasure Island Dizzy.

11azrael
June 28th, 2008, 19:14
Great
keep good working.

metaleggman
June 29th, 2008, 00:49
Cool! Looks like a sweet conversion! :)

WizardOfOdd
June 30th, 2008, 14:10
Thanks, used to love Dizzy games. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for someone to remake or port the Dizzy adventures though. Surely would be quite easy? Just inject the C64 versions in to a virtual console ROM right? Don't know how myself, but can't be tough for smart guys! Heh.

alkalinetb
June 30th, 2008, 22:38
Ah the good old Dizzy games, hmmm i must try to dig out the roms

Baboon
July 1st, 2008, 09:33
Thanks, used to love Dizzy games. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for someone to remake or port the Dizzy adventures though. Surely would be quite easy? Just inject the C64 versions in to a virtual console ROM right? Don't know how myself, but can't be tough for smart guys! Heh.

All of the original dizzy games are already playable on the wii! Use 'FUSE' the wii zx spectrum eumlator!

...Although you currently need a usb keyboard to play most of the games the emulator is due an update hopefully some time this week (http://giesler.biz/~bjoern/blog/index.php) so you'll be able to play them all without the keyboard and just the wiimote etc. :thumbup:

I'm hoping we'll see either an Amiga (or even the not-so-good Atari ST lol) emulator on the wii as then we'll be able to play all these sorts of games in all their original glory without the need for individual ports.

WizardOfOdd
July 1st, 2008, 12:22
Ah yeah, I have checked out Fuse, but really wanted the C64 or Amstrad versions for improved graphics haha :)