PDA

View Full Version : Highlights from the Diablo 3 FAQ

wraggster
June 28th, 2008, 21:55
If Blizzard's Diablo 3 FAQ page is still acting wonky, or if you're too impatient to read through everything here are the highlights:

Return to Sanctuary, the same world as the previous 2 games. The game takes place 20 years after Diablo 2.
There are 5 character classes in the game. We know two so far: a new Witch Doctor class, and a completely redone Barbarian class. Male and female options for all classes.
Havok-powered physics
Building on previous random environments, Blizzard promises "a host of new ways to create random scripted events throughout the game."
Upgraded Battle.net
Deckard Cain returns, but is noted as the "first victim" of the new horrors
Plan is to release the game "simultaneously in as many regions as possible, and to localize the game in several languages." The game will ship for Mac and Windows simultaneously.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/28/highlights-from-the-diablo-3-faq/

pibs
June 29th, 2008, 00:00
As much as I would love to play a D3 it would make no sense. Diablo was killed in part 2 and his soul stone was smashed, then his brother baal is killed too. I hope this sequel makes sense to others cuz it sure as hell doesn't to me.

I will buy it as long as its not pay for play online.......

EDIT: If anyone is interested in this game there is a 20minute presentation of it at gamepot.com its looking pretty sweet :D

megaxzeo
June 29th, 2008, 04:34
I remember hearing previous speculation on weather or not D3 would have strong ties to the Books, paticularly the sin war trilogy. I dont know how accurate that was ( and i cant get any good info from work right now =P ) but that would rock pretty hard. Edyrem/Nephalem class FTW xD

Napalm-Death
June 29th, 2008, 08:40
As much as I would love to play a D3 it would make no sense. Diablo was killed in part 2 and his soul stone was smashed, then his brother baal is killed too. I hope this sequel makes sense to others cuz it sure as hell doesn't to me.

I will buy it as long as its not pay for play online.......

EDIT: If anyone is interested in this game there is a 20minute presentation of it at gamepot.com its looking pretty sweet :D

I'm pretty sure that Blizzard will come up with a good explanation as to why Diablo has returned. I cannot wait for this game, I've been having dreams about it long before this announcement.