PDA

View Full Version : DragonMedia Player v0.02

wraggster
June 29th, 2008, 09:30
Dragonminded (http://www.dragonminded.com/) of DS Fame has released a new Media Player for the Nintendo Wii, heres the release details:

A native Wii application (no Wii Linux) with the intent of being a multi-source media player on the Wii.

Controls
A: Click/Select on any control

B: Used to 'drag-scroll' on file browser

+: Up one directory on file browser

Home: Return to loader

Usage
DragonMedia Player will pick up files anywhere on your SD card, and plays sequentially once a file has started. Simply install into the HBC by copying the dmp folder in the zip file to /apps/ and run the program.

Supported Formats
Currently, this list is very limited, as I have tried to set up the application framework before porting codecs.

it
mod
s3m
wav (8/16/24/32 mono/stereo)
xm
Supported File Sources
Again, this list is very limited, nothing from DVD, USB, or internet supported yet.

Front SD

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

11azrael
June 29th, 2008, 11:30
I think this is great news
Just add DivX with subtitles and the Wii Homebre scene blows up realy fast :)
Good great job

masterchief929
June 29th, 2008, 12:19
pretty cool. please keep the updates coming. :)

stefh
June 29th, 2008, 12:47
I am actually wondering for a while if it will be possible to let the Wii read discs like DVD, CD's or DivX Discs or Discs with roms without installing a mod chip.

My guess is it won't be possible without, but maybe it is just a software mod?

davidw89
June 29th, 2008, 14:18
Wow like 3-4 different media players coming to Wii..can't they combine forces to make something similiar to XBMC ; D

ozlo13
June 29th, 2008, 17:40
Wow like 3-4 different media players coming to Wii..can't they combine forces to make something similiar to XBMC ; D

I'm just patiently waiting for the day a stable media player comes out that can access network shares and play DivX/Xvid. Some time soon, just must be patient.

____anders____
June 29th, 2008, 23:40
mod player for wii, awesome:)
although i wouldn't mind some more formats like mp3 and video would be great, but that day will come too;)
thanks.

:)

iofthestorm
June 30th, 2008, 03:42
Wii media center is coming eventually, but don't bug the developer about it because he got really pissed by people before who kept bugging him about releasing it. I personally think competition is good, and eventually maybe the best one can start to work with incorporating features of the others.