PDA

View Full Version : MP3 ME Player v1.02

wraggster
June 29th, 2008, 09:54
News/release from caliarbor (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=141884)

Hi Everyone,

Haven't tested this on 4.01 yet as my slim is still 3.90m33-3. The screenshot looks a little crooked for some reason. I'm going to have to try a different plugin. Here's the readme.txt included :: (sorry for the wall of text crit)

MP3 ME Player v1.02

MP3 player that makes use of the PSP's Media Engine. CPU is clocked at 39MHz to allow for longer
playback from battery.

Changes:

Added an asterisk in front of the current playing track in the browser pane. While the tracks is playing it will be green. If paused it will be yellow. Once the track is completed it will go to red.

Dropped USB support. It didn't prove to be very useful and at times caused issues.

Optimized source and made it easier to follow. There is almost zero latency when switching MP3 tracks now. This is the result of hardcoding the sampling frequency to 44100Hz and thereby not using the libmad library for a lot of overhead calculations. Also, file and ID3 tag data are parsed when the application is started.

Corrected a lot of bugs in id3.c. Files with multiple versions of ID3 tags were being parsed incorrectly as having v1.x tags.

Added support for ID3 JPEG cover art. Graphics.h was modified so that the LoadJpeg function would also take a "file offset" as an arguement. This allows for cover art to be easily read with jpeg_stdio_src.

There is no longer a "covers" folder. Cover art is only displayed if present in the ID3 tag, in JPEG format, and with the dimensions height<=170 and width <=170.

Song sorting is now possible by using the RIGHT TRIGGER. The sorting metods are: Title, Genre, Album, Artist, and Year.

Filenames are no longer displayed in the browser pane. The song's title is now displayed instead.

Layout was modified somewhat. Sampling frequency and bitrate are no longer displayed as the result of dropping the libmad overhead as listed above.

Various other bugs were corrected as found.

Controls:
A = Analog nub
D = Digital D-Pad

RTRIGGER - Toggle sort method.
DUP - Move up one track in browser.
DDOWN - Move down one track in browser.
DLEFT - Move up five tracks in browser.
DRIGHT - Move down five tracks in browser.
AUP - Increase volume.
ADOWN - Decrease volume.
ALEFT - Previous track. In random mode next random.
ARIGHT - Next track. In random mode next random.
SELECT - Toggle play mode.
CROSS - Play highlighted track.
SQUARE - Pause current playing track.

[email protected]

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments