PDA

View Full Version : ljsdcdev News

wraggster
October 5th, 2005, 03:19
News From Bluecrabs site:

Some bad news....

Well, its hard for me to get this out, but it is something that needs to be said...

The upcoming release of ljsdcdev Engine 0.9.2 will be the final release of the engine as it is known today. Both of the main projects that run on it have seemingly outgrown the engine, and the constraints needed upon them. Basically, I've managed to make a version of ljsdcdev and DCRPG that refuse to run properly, if at all, on the Dreamcast. Something needed to be done about this. Therefor, there will be no further planned releases of the current ljsdcdev Engine after 0.9.2 and the current libcrabclaw after 0.9.5.

Sorry for any disappointment this may cause to people. And remember, the news means what it says, nothing more, nothing less.

Expect ljsdcdev Engine 0.9.2 and libcrabclaw 0.9.5 by Friday.

http://www.ljsdcdev.net/index.php

Christuserloeser
October 5th, 2005, 17:12
"as it is known today" ? So what exactly does it mean ? There won't be any Dreamcast releases anymore ?

What will happen to the game ? I was looking forward to it too :(

obelisk
October 5th, 2005, 17:23
someone get hold of the source and strip it down so that the graphics are like 8-bit, and it acts like dungeon creator for atari 800. we don't need anything that fancy, just so that it works. i'll bet a quarter too that whoever was doing that zelda clone looking thing dropped that too.

Christuserloeser
October 5th, 2005, 20:56
Hey, that post of yours you deleted, it wasn't useless.

BlueCrab
October 5th, 2005, 21:49
I guess I really should clarify what I said there. I'll probably get around to that later tonight.

obelisk
October 5th, 2005, 22:49
Thanks chris! i appreciate it. i wanted to say that someone should grab the source, strip it down to basics and maybe like simple simple style. I saw the post here, and sometimes it feels as if i am not heard, so i deleted it, 'casue it sounded too aggressive, and i'm really not like that. All i can do is bitch and moan and hope for the best. if someone were to strip this ones code down so that the graphics looked 8 bit, not 16, 24, or 32, then maybe, i think it might run better onj dreamcast cause of how hard it is to program for it.
if someone stripped it down, or built a new one up with basic boundaries that we can get freedom within, that would rock. as it were this thing was boosted up so far it can't even run on the dc. go 8-bit style like, just do "fantasy" or dnd type thing with sum cookie cutter classes and ranks, and then build up. Like classes (fighter, magic user, thief, ????., then sum generic special attacks, like Warrior, sword attack, wisard= staff strike, etc. when trying to do a whole rpg engine, it must be tough to smush all the types of rpgs into an engine that people can customize. that would be like kinda writing a never-ending novel or story, due to the fact that people want a special adventure, timeline, etc. I don't know. i feel like people think i'm a loon here.
i say someone should- or shouldn't make a simple, lame, dummy'd up version of a dungeon editor, toss a few hack n slash characters in there, and go to town. it seems, just like my Zydes Project, that it got too darn big, and i gotta build a fence to hold it back, and or understand it at all.

SiZiOUS
October 6th, 2005, 19:44
I'm not really sure to understand the news.

So ljsdcdev engine project's dead... that's it...?

obelisk
October 6th, 2005, 22:29
i don't know.

everyone should have fun though. and do what they feel makes them happy.
my previous post in this slot was sour, and i didn't like it.

MetaFox
October 7th, 2005, 00:44
And remember, the news means what it says, nothing more, nothing less..

obelisk
October 8th, 2005, 16:28
okay...... whatever.

fackue
October 8th, 2005, 22:48
I guess I really should clarify what I said there. I'll probably get around to that later tonight.
Please?

BlueCrab
October 9th, 2005, 04:18
Hehe.... I think that when I do say what I will say, people will be pleasantly surprised.

Suffice it to say, both ljsdcdev RPG and DCRPG are not dead.

Oh, and I know I said I'd be releasing ljsdcdev Engine 0.9.2 and libcrabclaw 0.9.5 on Friday (and then today (Saturday)), but upon realizing that I left my BBA and my Coder's Cable at school, its not exactly gonna be possible until I go back on Monday.

SiZiOUS
October 9th, 2005, 15:34
Suffice it to say, both ljsdcdev RPG and DCRPG are not dead.
Ah ! That's the real point to remember. :D

Thanks for your work, BlueCrab. :)

obelisk
October 20th, 2005, 22:58
so... whatsup?

BlueCrab
October 21st, 2005, 13:39
Sorry about the delays (again), blame my Computer Science class, if anyone.... Uhm... No promises on the release date for the last version... but.... maybe.... Tonight/Tomorrow?