PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Browser v0.1

wraggster
June 30th, 2008, 01:33
News/release from teknecal (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Homebrew_Browser)

The Homebrew Browser allows you to grab the latest homebrew applications and games all through your Wii. No longer will you have to take your SD card out to load the files or transfer the files from your computer to the Wii or even use your computer. Once you install a homebrew application and you no longer want it on your SD card, you can delete it as simple as that!

No more dead links, no more extracting files, no more finding out if there is an icon.png and meta.xml in the homebrew application/game!

Features
Auto updating when your Homebrew Browser version is out of date
One click download and install for each homebrew application
One click deletion of homebrew applications
Able to update your version of a homebrew application once an update comes out
Caching of the homebrew application pictures
Limitations
Currently this application is limited to receiving homebrew applications that only use a single file (boot.dol/elf). E.g. Homebrew applications that load images,etc won't be on the Homebrew Browser list.

Usage
Run the included ELF with your favourite method to boot homebrew . Uses the Wiimote Controller with IR.

A SD card icon under the homebrew application image means that you have the latest version of that homebrew application installed, while a clock icon means you don't have the latest version. You can update your installation of that homebrew application or install new homebrew applications by pressing A. You can delete homebrew applications provided that they have a SD card or clock icon by pressing B.

Download and give feedback via comments.

Mr.Guy
June 30th, 2008, 02:00
Oh Yatzee!!

katoh1
June 30th, 2008, 04:39
All it needs is a better GUI, the ability to install homebrew with multiple folders and the ability to add other servers to download from, but so far I like it.

theotherfreakyguy
June 30th, 2008, 06:37
Yay! Just like the homebrew database in DSorganize, I'll like this.

masterchief929
June 30th, 2008, 14:31
very cool! this project has great potential! :)

WhizzBang
June 30th, 2008, 15:16
This sounds like a superb idea - well done Teknecal!

____anders____
June 30th, 2008, 16:53
yea!

just what we was waiting for!!:)

i can't thank you enough.

davidw89
June 30th, 2008, 16:54
has anyone got it working?

WhizzBang
June 30th, 2008, 19:34
Yep, works fine for me. I just copied the 'homebrew_browser' folder to the 'apps' folder on my SD card, loaded it from the Homebrew Channel, and then waited for about 2 minutes while it downloaded a list of what homebrew apps were available.

On my TV the top and bottom of the menu were cut off slightly. My TV is PAL 50/60.