PDA

View Full Version : PSP virus!

omniosiris
October 5th, 2005, 06:04
it appears that team PSP has made a fake patch program which apparently bricks your PSP when you use it by deleting important firmware files (see story here (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26689) ) PSP owners really need to be carful about what they put on there PSP now that an actual known PSP "virus" exists, and you should probly try and stick with downloading off trusted PSP websites such as this one

PSP_Newbie
October 5th, 2005, 07:51
why would some1 do that? like, make a file to screw ppl's psp's?!?!
they oughta be shot...

PSXP
October 5th, 2005, 08:45
Some sickos they are, i totally agree with u.
Its like computer viruses...do the people behind the projects enjoy destroying peoples/schools/family's computers!
I think it a sick and wrong thing! :mad:

bundi
October 5th, 2005, 14:10
I know they should be shot as this is vey bad to do to people. WHY???

Maybe there is a use for it.
Say for example your PSP is getting a bit dog eared. Maybe some scratches on the screen. Run this app and it bricks. Then get replacement. LOL

quzar
October 5th, 2005, 15:22
This is not a virus. By definition a virus has to be self replicating. This is just a piece of software which has a malicious purpose.

Primus5
October 5th, 2005, 15:23
Or could it be Sony trying to get their own back. Interesting. Knowing that millions of dollars/pounds is in stake.

Tomppa
October 5th, 2005, 16:32
Or it is someone who cant get himself known to the public otherways..

Putin
October 6th, 2005, 22:30
Luckily I already downgraded my PSP to V 1.5 otherwise now I wouldn't dare trying.

Stewie2280
October 8th, 2005, 11:44
why would some1 do that

Cap'n 1time
October 8th, 2005, 16:40
easy. its human nature to cause problems some times. With the release of a downgrade only days ago now is the time to make an ass of yourself. only get the downgrader from legit sites you have been to before.

hawaiinsurf614
October 14th, 2005, 00:16
yea its probably some fat bastard paid by sony to destroy our crap..but w.e...if enough ppls crap gets screwed up some1 will make a way to fix it cuz theirs always hackers who have nothing better to do lol