PDA

View Full Version : Current Status on All 3 Fronts

PSmonkey
October 5th, 2005, 15:04
Hey guys. I feel like I owe you an update on the status of everything. Sorry for no updates recently but I have been very tired recently. I try to get some progress done but I am not getting much done.

- ngPsp -
Well nothing new really. I sadly need to get in contact with neopop-uk this week again to discuss things. So sorry nothing is going on here.

- Nemo -
Well Nemo is pissing the **** out of me atm. I can get as far as actualy having units looking for others on adhoc but when its time to call functions to connect I get nada.

I did however learn that adhoc uses a PSP's Mac Address as it's way of identifying other PSPs much like we use ips for our computers on the net. (guess this is probably duh but something new to me).

Anyways I will start posting some init code so people can start trying to get somewhere on adhoc. Also I am going to try finding out whats broken with psppets inet so I can try doing a online demo soon. It should be easy since their is the FTP program and psppet has discussed with me what would need to be looked into to get 2 psps working together over inet.

- Breath of Fire 3 -
Well I finaly got my tool ripping and patching .emi game files for text. Yet I still need fix things and get other special cases handled.

Well that about it. I'm off to email neopop-uk

PSmonkey
October 7th, 2005, 21:17
Not like it really matters to you guys but I feel like a quick vent.

Nemo's being bad and i'm ready to start making sushi with him if it does not stop. :(

^ im having issues with the client psp. It waits to see if the server is there and it finds it but fails on trying to connect.

quzar
October 7th, 2005, 22:37
Don't waste your time with neopop-uk, i've never been able to get any help from them past 'we can't help you'. =\

PSmonkey
October 8th, 2005, 06:53
Don't waste your time with neopop-uk, i've never been able to get any help from them past 'we can't help you'. =\

Actualy me and Neopop-uk have been in contact over neopop. He actualy contacted me first about reviving the project as a whole.

I sadly lost my reply email to him and end up getting too busy to spend another hour retyping an email to him.

He is already working on fixing the accuracy in cpu cycles.

quzar
October 8th, 2005, 07:06
wow! lucky =P I couldn't get shit outta him lol. oh well, i've got elsemi to try to track down and pester now

Cap'n 1time
October 8th, 2005, 16:44
wow! lucky =P I couldn't get shit outta him lol. oh well, i've got elsemi to try to track down and pester now

that is quite interesting... perhapes soon you might try to get in contact with him again.

Mailas Gonrai
October 22nd, 2005, 16:35
is the breath of fire 3 thing gonna be released today?Soemone told me it was suppose to be released on saturday.

LiNKZiE
October 22nd, 2005, 17:03
I have just one question, to which iso will the patch be?

PSmonkey
October 22nd, 2005, 17:24
I never promissed a release today. Second we wont give an iso. we are still debating how it will be released.

LiNKZiE
October 22nd, 2005, 17:58
i think it would be best if you just released the patch, because i think that many allready have the iso, or the game...

Really appreciate that you guys translate BoF III, i'm a huge fan of BoF.. :)

RedKing14CA
October 22nd, 2005, 19:59
is it about dragons?

Magoichid
October 26th, 2005, 23:59
Yes the game does revolve around dragons a bit, and I was wondering if there was any new news on the progress of the Breath of Fire III translation?

PSmonkey
October 27th, 2005, 05:34
yeah sorry. Just been super bussy in many areas atm. I have been researching into font replacement for a complete english font. Nobody wants an RPG ALL IN CAPS. :P

The current font has no lower case or special characters used in french, spanish & german. So i am trying to fix that so maybe in the future if someone wants to join up and take care of other languages they can.

My ultimate goal is making this game my b***h! So we can go as far as sprite replacement if someone wish to give the characters a make over or modernize everything. :P

Oh, the other thing I am busy with is learning 3d for work. I am primarly a comercial 2d gba coder and I am getting up to date so I can do 3d on the psp & ds in the near future. Having fun now trying to right bsp loader for quake 2 maps.

Magoichid
October 27th, 2005, 11:35
no need to be sorry I appreciate what you're doing, but you're not going to change the look of the game are you?

PSmonkey
October 27th, 2005, 12:27
no need to be sorry I appreciate what you're doing, but you're not going to change the look of the game are you?

No personaly I wont but my ultimate goal is to map out the whole game so someone can if they wish.

zobizoubzoub
October 27th, 2005, 14:01
I can translate the game from english to french if you wish ... but i'll need some time to learn how to handle the EMI files ... I'll try to search in them with an hex editor, just to see ...
tell me if you are interested...
I think it would be a good idea just to release the modified EMI files, no need to give the entire iso, I don't support piracy, it's a good game, everyone who wants to play it, just BUY IT !
I'll buy it when i am sure that i can understand all the dialogs and menus... I played it a long time ago on PSone, but I assume that I forgot almost all the things to do in this game :)

Magoichid
October 28th, 2005, 00:47
I don't understand a word of French, but it would be a good idea for all those french people who want to play some BoF III. Wouldn't be a bit faster to just do the translation, release it, and then do the rest of the things that you wanted to do and release that in a later update, so all the people who just want the translation have it. I don't know how complicated what you're trying to do is, or how far along you are, so sorry if that sounded like a completely idiotic idea.

zobizoubzoub
October 28th, 2005, 14:33
sounds good to me too... i don't plan to change the graphics coz' they looks pretty good for me ... so i plan to work only on french translation of the game , if i can access to english one :)

PSmonkey
October 28th, 2005, 15:50
There is still alot of work to be figured out. I have yet to figure out how to disassemble an EMI file into proper blocks. I also have yet to figure out how to replace the font, Untill that is done other languages cant be done and an english release right now WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS << uppercase/caps.

There is still much work to be done.

Magoichid
October 28th, 2005, 17:34
what I meant was to finish the english translation, doing the upper/lower case and all that, and release it, and then work on any other modifications you wanted to make.

Mailas Gonrai
October 30th, 2005, 05:30
same, I love it, and when I played the japaneese one I was like HOLY CRAP, cuz of how fast it was running compared to playstation.

So uh, ps, got any chance when it will be released?I cant wait any longer!Ive gone hardly anywhere in the game, Im at the part where nina joins your team and Im in the castle dungeons where you have to answer a ton of questions to the tomb stones but I cant really answer the questions cuz their in japaneese lol.

Please I really cant wiat any longer.Do you have any idea when its gonna be released?

Also by the way, i seriously dont mind it in caps at all.All I want is the text to be in english thats all.

Magoichid
October 30th, 2005, 14:13
Yeah, a release date (doesn't have to be specific) would be nice, if I had an idea of when the completed translation was going to be released then I could decide whether or not I want to wait for the caps to be all correct and everything. If its going to take a month, then I'll just take the caps, but if its going to come out in a week, I'll wait.