PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Browser v0.1.1

wraggster
June 30th, 2008, 18:09
News/release from teknecal (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Homebrew_Browser)

http://www.youtube.com/v/GomiMbDH63o

The Homebrew Browser allows you to grab the latest homebrew applications and games all through your Wii. No longer will you have to take your SD card out to load the files or transfer the files from your computer to the Wii or even use your computer. Once you install a homebrew application and you no longer want it on your SD card, you can delete it as simple as that!

No more dead links, no more extracting files, no more finding out if there is an icon.png and meta.xml in the homebrew application/game!

Features
Auto updating when your Homebrew Browser version is out of date
One click download and install for each homebrew application
One click deletion of homebrew applications
Able to update your version of a homebrew application once an update comes out
Caching of the homebrew application pictures
Limitations
Currently this application is limited to receiving homebrew applications that only use a single file (boot.dol/elf). E.g. Homebrew applications that load images,etc won't be on the Homebrew Browser list.

Usage
Run the included ELF with your favourite method to boot homebrew . Uses the Wiimote Controller with IR.

A SD card icon under the homebrew application image means that you have the latest version of that homebrew application installed, while a clock icon means you don't have the latest version. You can update your installation of that homebrew application or install new homebrew applications by pressing A. You can delete homebrew applications provided that they have a SD card or clock icon by pressing B.

30 June 2008 (v0.1.1)

Fixed issue with requesting files from server (thanks joedj)
Enabled auto updating (press B when asked if you don't want to update)
New logo and HBC icon

Download and give feedback via comments.

watupgroupie
June 30th, 2008, 18:33
Wow now that is a lot of clipping, new camera? Anyway, this app looks like it has promise and its nice that its already been updated within a day. This is like the homebrew downloader on the psp where it would download from the homebrew database and install games for you. Only thing left to fix is getting multi filed apps, games to be able to install.

DPyro
June 30th, 2008, 18:45
Crappy tv...maybe I'll do a new video for you guys :)

masterchief929
June 30th, 2008, 19:27
very cool. please keep the updates coming. :)

fg-54
June 30th, 2008, 21:05
ya! I can't wait till someone makes it look like another wii menu with the channels and stuff. this is kinda like the wii homebrew shop channel, except everything is free!

firedragon_jing
June 30th, 2008, 21:19
This is actually very cool, this could revolutionize homebrew on the Wii, making it the easiest system to install and play homebrew for, even easier than the PSP. It will be like the Wii Homebrew Shop channel, so awesome ^^

jrsmaster411
June 30th, 2008, 21:24
looks cool but now I have to get my sd card and put this on it omg why can't someone make a homebrew browser browser

firedragon_jing
June 30th, 2008, 21:42
looks cool but now I have to get my sd card and put this on it omg why can't someone make a homebrew browser browser

Team Twiizer should come out with a special version of the Twilight Hack that also places the homebrew channel and this homebrew browser on the SD card so once you activate the homebrew, you're set.

hjfbv1
June 30th, 2008, 23:01
aww its only got some of the games on it, i guess the emus and stuff are useless on this type of thing. does this connect with the wi-fi or do you need to be connected by a cable?

WhizzBang
July 1st, 2008, 06:11
This and the Homebrew Channel are essential apps. Thanks Teknical!

____anders____
July 1st, 2008, 11:02
it's awsesome, i got a few apps yesterday form this.

the only thing i can complain about is the speeds, but i think that's a LIB problem.

awesome app!!:)

@hjfbv1

this works with Wi-Fi, no need for cables if you have a wii:)

limming
July 1st, 2008, 23:46
This looks promising! Can't wait to try it out.

dahun
July 2nd, 2008, 01:51
the one thing i rly want to have in hbc and this is bg music and sound it just seems so quite when im using these it doesnt feel right...

Dtjunkie07
July 2nd, 2008, 23:28
OK, this probably isn't the place to post this but I'm a little bit of a noob on the topic of wii homebrew....What happens if I mod my wii (something I could do very easily if I wanted to) and then Nintendo updates the firmware, I download the Nintendo update and it and it bricks my wii?....Is the wii homebrew scene like the psp where Sony updates the firmware and then someone like dark Alex cracks it a couple days later (or same day lol) and releases a custom version...? or am I stuck on whatever firmware version I was on from the time I mod it and then cannot update any longer? Sorry for this off topic question but any help would be appreciated as this is the only thing holding me back from wii homebrew at the moment........Thanks.

-Louis