PDA

View Full Version : Commodore, anyone?

wraggster
June 30th, 2008, 18:28
Uberjack posted this on his site:

A while back, a few of you expressed interest in a Commodore emulator. I’m curious to know if there’s still interest, and if there is, can you suggest a fast, open-source emulator to port?

No promises are made yet, but…

Time to make your voices heard ;)

http://0xff.akop.org/2008/06/29/commodore-anyone/

bumfacekilla
June 30th, 2008, 18:40
I know I am but one tiny voice, but VERY INTERESTED!!

I love c64 and don't want it forgotten about. Many of my childhood afternoons were spent playing Wizball, Uridium, Dizzy and the like.....

I already use PSPVice but, with no updates from that emu in nearly 6 months, some fresh new alternative to one of my favourite emulators would be cool to see.

ojdon
June 30th, 2008, 19:17
I guess it wouldn't harm anyone if there was an emulator, I remember that I played one before when I was extremely young, but I had a better interest in the NEW megadrive. xD

urherenow
June 30th, 2008, 19:27
Vice is already ported to PSP and is the best c64 emulator there is IMHO. I've had zero problems with it.

bodhee
June 30th, 2008, 22:06
thanks but vice is an awesome emulator..now if you were referring to commodore amiga, thats another story!

osgeld
June 30th, 2008, 23:55
i would be interested, psp vice is great, but im sure it could use some improvements / a challenge to its status :)

i dont "play" c-64 games, never really did (dad had an apple, heh sounds like a song) but i really love the c-64 demo scene

kennyk
July 1st, 2008, 00:03
How about Frodo?

dazman
July 1st, 2008, 19:54
Yes Please!

Vic 20 and C64 would be great, psp vice is great but no updates for some time, pspvic20 is not so go and cristohpe siad he did not intend to work on it any more and it is no complete anyway.

Please Vic20 first then C64.

Many thanks, great emu's BTW

marzsyndrome
July 2nd, 2008, 21:54
Hmmph, I was pretty much hoping he'd take a look at the ZX Spectrum first - the sole Speccy emulator for PSP is just a bunch of fail compared to the ones for the DS! I did e-mail him a while back politely asking if he'd consider the idea but he never got back to me. Oh well.

JKKDARK
July 4th, 2008, 15:49
It's a popular system emulated on a lot of consoles and handhelds. I would like an emulator here too :)