PDA

View Full Version : So I just got a PSP and have a bunch of questions about this whole thing.

Nebetsu
July 1st, 2008, 20:50
So I want to get a Pandora battery and start playing Super Metroid during my breaks at work on my PSP (first generation). Thing I'd like to know is this: What are some safe vendors? I'd rather not mess up my battery and would like to just get one of those kits that have a pandora battery, one of them pro stick duo's with the new firmware and such, a cd with whatever, and some directions. I've seen a few sites, but I have no idea which are reputable and which are... not.

Plus if I use custom firmware, will I not be able to play online?

Eviltaco64
July 1st, 2008, 21:39
Get the Pandora Battery from Here: http://www.codejunkies.com/.

You could make a magic memory stick using files that you can get off of the internet. Just ask some PSP dev or CFW user for Pandora/Magic Memory Stick Files.

As for playing online, yes, I believe you still can.

Nebetsu
July 1st, 2008, 21:45
http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/PSP-Battery-Service-Tool__EF000530.aspx

Is that what I'm looking for?

Plus: Can I just use my current memory stick as a magic memory stick? What's the deal with that?

pspmodel1001
July 1st, 2008, 23:02
Yeah you can but I don't trust it. I rather use my psp to make pandora. Though I lost my pandora battery.

Nebetsu
July 1st, 2008, 23:20
You don't trust the site or you don't trust using your current memory stick as a "magic" memory stick?

pspmodel1001
July 2nd, 2008, 00:02
The PSP Battery Service Tool. A friend of mine got one of them and bricked a brand new psp right out of the box. Luckly he brought it to me when I had my pandora battery and mem stick.

Zack
July 2nd, 2008, 02:06
Just get a datel tool battery from ebay. You can't miss it, its red and says "tool battery" on it.

Works like a charm. Costs about 10-15£

pspmodel1001
July 2nd, 2008, 04:06
How much in US dollars. Besides I have no credit card. I'm basicaly poor

Zack
July 2nd, 2008, 04:10
about 16 i think.

There pricey but worth it :)