PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Soulcalibur IV Requires Xbox 360 HDD, Needs 8.5GB Of Disk Space On PS3

wraggster
July 2nd, 2008, 01:09
According to importer YesAsia, the PlayStation 3 version of Soulcalibur IV will join the ranks of games requiring a substantial installation to the console's hard drive. How substantial? Substantial. About 6.5 GB worth of your HDD, with 2 GB of space on top of that allocated to save data. The latter disk space requirement makes some sense, as the game looks to have a fairly robust character creation tool, which we hope allows for a larger number of custom fighters than its predecessor. Regardless, 2 GB, if true, is still rather hefty.

Xbox 360 fans may also be in hard drive requirement heaven, as the official Xbox site indicates that Soulcalibur IV requires a hard drive to play. This could have huge implications if... wait, who doesn't have an Xbox 360 with a hard drive by now?

We've contacted Namco Bandai Games to verify this information, but have yet to hear back.

http://kotaku.com/5021241/rumor-soulcalibur-iv-requires-xbox-360-hdd-needs-85gb-of-disk-space-on-ps3

update
So it looks like the folks over at Microsoft messed up. The page has now been updated to reflect the fact that the game actually doesn't need a hard drive

Gene
July 2nd, 2008, 08:03
Developers can kiss their money goodbye if they keep insisting on these mandatory installs. I want my hard drive for movies, music, and photos. Not cluttered with bullshit I can't even use. Sorry but this kind of garbage just pisses me off.

10shu
July 2nd, 2008, 20:40
Developers can kiss their money goodbye if they keep insisting on these mandatory installs. I want my hard drive for movies, music, and photos. Not cluttered with bullshit I can't even use. Sorry but this kind of garbage just pisses me off.

well...If the ps3 BR could read disk faster we wouldn t have to install anything...

Shrygue
July 2nd, 2008, 21:00
What? It's asking a mandatory install of 8.50GB? That's like roughly 15-20% of hard drive space depending on what model you've got. This is no good, I'd like to have the space to put music and that, not all these game caches.

F9zDark
July 2nd, 2008, 22:11
well...If the ps3 BR could read disk faster we wouldn t have to install anything...

The price to pay for having 50gb games *cough* MGS 4.

Baboon
July 4th, 2008, 10:37
8.5GB install?:rofl:

What are they doing on the PS3? lol

Eviltaco64
July 4th, 2008, 10:41
WUUAAAAAGHHHHHT!?

What Sony should do is improve the Blu-Ray and let everyone send in PS3s for a small fee and shipping and upgrade the hardware.

It can be done. And once the hard drive gets taken up so much, it gonna happen.

Napalm-Death
July 4th, 2008, 15:31
Namco Bandai confirmed that it was an exaggeration.