PDA

View Full Version : Bushing Update

wraggster
July 2nd, 2008, 01:52
The great Wii Hacker speaks

It’s been a few days, so I’m just going to post some brief notes on what I’ve been working on lately.

Twilight Hack: Marcan did a great job of putting together a nice new release that works with System Menu 3.3: Twilight Hack v0.1beta1. It seems to work well; we have some initial reports that some SD cards don’t work with it, giving a “error -1 reading boot.elf”. I’ve found at least two different problems that can cause that, so expect a small update soon — in the mean time, reformatting the card often fixes it.
Updates: No new updates, as seen on Marcan’s Wiimpersonator. I would not expect this to last; Nintendo will probably release a fixed version of their anti-TP hack code which will not be nearly so easy to defeat. For those of you who updated to 3.3, take that as a warning and just don’t update next time. We’re working on a long-term solution.
Korean Wii: We believe that the new Korean Wiis have a new common key, and we won’t be able to use our tweezer attack to recover it. I’d like to take a look at one and see what other avenues of attack there may be. If anyone knows how I can buy one of these and get it shipped to the US, please let me know.

http://hackmii.com/2008/07/etc/

eatnooM
July 2nd, 2008, 02:16
Might not be the best place for it, but, in regards to the advice given to cease updating for the time being, is it possible to use the shopping channel when using anything other than the most recent firmware? I'm still after the Internet Channel but don't feel like buying the Wii points directly so I'm holding out until I have enough Star Points to exchange =)

hjfbv1
July 2nd, 2008, 03:45
yep, you can still use the shop channel and such if ur not in the new firmware. i havent downloaded anything that is newer than the update so it may be required to update if you buy something new, but as for the internet channel its old so i think your ok.

i got the internet channel when it was in beta so im good im on it now XD

h2923j42n2
July 2nd, 2008, 07:42
Might not be the best place for it, but, in regards to the advice given to cease updating for the time being, is it possible to use the shopping channel when using anything other than the most recent firmware? I'm still after the Internet Channel but don't feel like buying the Wii points directly so I'm holding out until I have enough Star Points to exchange =)

What firmware are you currently on? I am on 3.0U, and have not been able to access the Wii Shop Channel for quite some time. Therefore, without updating, it is possible that you could lose access to it in the future.

eatnooM
July 2nd, 2008, 19:17
I'm on 3.3E, I recall briefly the Wii nagging me when I first tried to access the shopping channel (I probably had a pre-shopping channel revamp firmware) and updated without hesitation as I knew it was possible to run homebrew on 3.3, but I was worried that Ninty rolling out a new update would stop me being able to buy stuff.

____anders____
July 2nd, 2008, 22:40
i'm holding on to 3.2E for now..

i'm thinking maybe something else won't work with 3.3 that they haven't found yet..

i'm fine with 3.2 as it can do everything so far..