PDA

View Full Version : Tweexter v0.1 - released for the PSP

wraggster
July 2nd, 2008, 20:29
reizencroft (http://reizencroft.wordpress.com/2008/07/01/tweexter-v01-released-for-the-psp/) has posted a new game release for the PSP, heres release details:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/reizencroft/snap0025.gif

Yay!! Finally, I was able to finish my first PSP homebrew game project. I introduce you, Tweexter. I really can can’t come up with a great name so i just combined twist and texter. Tweexter is very similar to Gamehouse’s Texttwist. You are given a set of 7 letters(on future release, it will be a combination of 6 and 7 letters) and you have to unscramble it to a more sensible word. To advance to the next round you need to solve the 7 letter word.

I was really planning on porting Texttwist to PSP, retaining the graphics and sounds but I figured that i could get in a lot of trouble if I do so. So i restarted from scratch, producing the graphics, except for the background. Currently, there is no sound effects, but i’m planning to add sfx on the next releases.

Included in the release is the source code. I am not a great programmer, so please don’t expect super fast and efficient algorithms. It was written in C++, but can be easily converted to C. I’m not an expert in C, so I just used this project as an opportunity to experience C++. The use of classes was a total mess and since i’m too lazy to rewrite it, I ended up sticking to it. To compile the source code, you’ll need a pspsdk, and a couple of it’s dependencies, namely, libpng and zlib.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Buddy4point0
July 2nd, 2008, 21:18
Nice! I don't know if anyone has made this into homebrew yet before you. I've seen tons of these in flash form online. Many of which you can probably play on the psp. But this is great that you made It into homebrew. The controls might be wierd though, It would probably have been better to make for the nintendo ds because not only can you not get online on the ds to play the flash versions, but the touch screen controls would work much better than the d-pad PSP controls.

Anyways, great work new programmers and homebrew is always welcome in the homebrew community.

dangee
July 3rd, 2008, 00:46
Its a bin ban bar bra nib nab rib ran air bain barn rain bran brain scrambler.
Dodgy dictionary tho - what exactly is "PIING" ?

reizencroft
July 3rd, 2008, 02:12
Its a bin ban bar bra nib nab rib ran air bain barn rain bran brain scrambler.
Dodgy dictionary tho - what exactly is "PIING" ?

pi [pahy] noun:, plural pies, verb: pied, pi·ing.

–noun
1. printing types mixed together indiscriminately.
2. any confused mixture; jumble.
–verb (used with object)
3. to reduce (printing types) to a state of confusion.
4. to jumble.

taken from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/PIING

I gotta admit it is very hard to maintain the dictionary. Sorry for that. Hopefully, with some help for user feedbacks, there will also be updates on the dictionary.

dangee
July 3rd, 2008, 07:22
"Ignorance hs no beginning,but it has an end.
There is a beginning but no end to knowledge" (BKS Iyengar)

newb_fo_life
July 3rd, 2008, 15:22
Sweet