PDA

View Full Version : PSPStates Experiment Version 2 - Released

DarthPaul
July 3rd, 2008, 12:14
PSP coder Dark_AleX (http://dark-alex.org/) released the second version of the SaveStates plug-in for the PSP Slim.

http://dark-alex.org/logos.jpg

Changelog:

- Fixed important bug in inter-thread code (semaphore wasn't waiting due to interrupts disabled), that caused the load state to not be completely read in some cases. This caused black screen after state load (unless you just saved that state, in this case state was still in ram), or even worse, game not working properly due to partial load.

- Added states per game basis. The controls are slightly different: old controls now do a local savestate/loadstate of the game, while pressing additionally select button will save/load a global state. See instructions for more info.

- Fixed bug that caused normal sleep mode waking up inmediately.

- UMD discs and isos in normal UMD mode are now supported. Check out the Readme for more details.

Note: Remember that states of the old version are all globals, and you need to press select addtionaally. Also, remember that when doing the load state of a state saved in previous version,
the plugin in ram after the load will be the old one, so it is probably better to discard old
save states.

Download and Leave Feedback via Comments!

Zack
July 3rd, 2008, 13:44
Awesome :)

This is getting better by the day!

Will be badass when you can also use it for PSX games :D

tuta
July 3rd, 2008, 18:08
Has anyone used this I downloaded this but I really am at the limit and about to hit my bed so I didnt try it
I didnt test the 1st release as I always have a umd on my drive..

My only question is
Is this risky as I am aware it dumps the whole ram or so called memory of the game which is like 15 to 20mbs and the psp wont check if u have space or not...

My 4gb stick is always full and I noticed after I pandorized my 4gb ultraII sandisk it became much slower(slow or fake MS is said to not work or sumtin from what I read at the blog)
thus I dare not try

Sterist
July 3rd, 2008, 18:19
awww what a tease

sad face :(

Broadus
July 3rd, 2008, 19:35
This is great! Now I can go into sleep mode! Didn't have to wait long for it to be fixed. Thanks, Dark_Alex! This savestate program is so easy and convenient.
tuta, I do this on my retail memory stick that I guess would be "fast" or something and it's worked perfectly for me so far. I don't know what a slow memory stick would do besides just not work very quickly.

that1guywiththeface
July 3rd, 2008, 19:51
Okay, does this work on psx eboots?

Veskgar
July 4th, 2008, 02:24
Okay, does this work on psx eboots?

No, this isn't intended for pops or homebrew. Just actual PSP games. Dark_AleX seems capable of most anything though so who knows what will be in store for the future.