PDA

View Full Version : Mega-new Mega Man 9 details, screens, hands-on

wraggster
July 4th, 2008, 00:58
Beyond some crappy scans and lots of speculation, real info on the WiiWare return of Mega Man has been scant. Well, GamesRadar just opened the flood gates with its exclusive, proper reveal of Mega Man 9, featuring a hands-on by Nintendo editor Brett Elston and an interview with series creator (and MM9 producer) Keiji Inafune.

Elston reports that Mega Man 9 is ... well, it's essentially an NES game – just as difficult as the original 8-bit installments of the famed series. "Mega Man 9 is easily on par or above the hardest games in the series," Elston says, adding: "Hell, we played for two hours and only made it to three bosses, and even then only beat two." Read on after the break for more new info.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/03/mega-new-mega-man-9-details-screens-hands-on/

idapimp
July 4th, 2008, 03:00
sweeeeeeeet. megaman and megaman x are 2 of my favorite series. cant wait.

AndrewArsonn
July 4th, 2008, 03:13
Wow, 8-bit graphics. I bet that took alot of time. *sarcastic*

Jay6
July 4th, 2008, 05:38
Duuude! I don't know why, but I feel like I may actually like this game! There hasn't been any new 8-bit games for quite a while... hope it also sounds like an 8-bit game should.

dahun
July 4th, 2008, 19:33
i dont think its going to be an 8-bit game i think its going to be like the 8-bit games.... hard very hard. i doubt it will be 8-bit. this is for the wii right

edit: ok i was wrong looking at the pics i thought it was going to like a cd game not a wiiware

firedragon_jing
July 4th, 2008, 19:52
This is awesome, the 8-bit Megamans are the best, my favorite being 6 since that's the one I had as a child. hopefully 9 will be even better. I'm buying it when it first comes out, hopefully it'll only be like $10.

dahun
July 5th, 2008, 01:20
if enough plp bought it when it came out do you think that would put faith in producers that we want hard games too not just easy ones? i hope this isnt the first game like this for wiiware

iSynic
July 5th, 2008, 15:34
If the music is good I'll buy it. Best part of Mega Man games.