PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Forced to Reveal Username and IP Address of Every Video Watched

wraggster
July 4th, 2008, 01:13
Remember Viacom suing YouTube and Google for one BILLION dollars eons ago? That's still going on! And while a judge ruled yesterday that while Google doesn't have to reveal its secret search sauce to the multimedia giantface, he did grant Viacom's request for YouTube to turn over records of "every video watch by YouTube users," and that includes their username and IP address. Yeah that's right, Viacom will know every time you watch "Pork n Beans" or need to refuel your day with Powerthirst. (Or watch Viacom's The Daily Show, you bastard.) And like that, the illusion of YouTube privacy was gone.

http://gizmodo.com/5021838/youtube-forced-to-reveal-username-and-ip-address-of-every-video-watched

Shrygue
July 4th, 2008, 13:25
I saw this on the BBC news last night and I think that sucks. I say that's an invasion on users privacy to now have to reveal such data.

IDidNotDoIt
July 16th, 2008, 02:56
It's a society that is easily controlled by shear dollars and "Big" corporation. Fundamental rights are being abused and privacy is becomes an open book for those who can afford the court challenges.

fg-54
July 16th, 2008, 05:18
I saw this on the BBC news last night and I think that sucks. I say that's an invasion on users privacy to now have to reveal such data.

I completly agree! hackers could do wonders with other's ip adresses, not only is this a privacy issue, but also a safety one.:mad:

fallen-pink-angel
July 16th, 2008, 14:49
i agree ^^'''
sorry all

Eviltaco64
July 16th, 2008, 15:04
That's ridiculous.
I've always disliked Viacom.
Now they'll be watching every video we watch?
Will they punish us as well?
I think I might be done with Youtube.

Napalm-Death
July 16th, 2008, 15:27
That's ridiculous.
I've always disliked Viacom.
Now they'll be watching every video we watch?
Will they punish us as well?
I think I might be done with Youtube.

I agree. I think it's time to find a new video host.

jamotto
July 16th, 2008, 18:22
Does not really matter where you go, Youtube is the first of many what will follow suit. Already Dailymotion and others are dumping videos right and left.

JKKDARK
July 16th, 2008, 20:17
Really useless decision :/

Eviltaco64
July 16th, 2008, 20:49
Makes you want to use torrents to just download what you want to watch.