PDA

View Full Version : PSPVice v0.2B (Commodore 64 Emulator)

wraggster
October 5th, 2005, 23:32
Kristof (http://perso.numericable.fr/~ckckck/C64_PSPVice.html) has released a WIP version of his Commodore 64 emulator for the PSP which now supports full screen in this DCEmu Forum Topic --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11702&page=2

You can download from there (and leave comments) or from our PSPVice page here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspvice.shtml

SmashinGit
October 6th, 2005, 01:59
The fullscreen options are really good, normal, stretched, no border and fullscreen.

SmashinGit
October 6th, 2005, 02:07
This version also seems more stable, hasn't crashed on me once yet. :)

ataribob
October 6th, 2005, 03:43
Runs nice
anyway to get sound yet?

joe_blade
October 6th, 2005, 04:51
Any piccies available of the different full screen options in action ?

Cheers

Joe.

urchin
October 6th, 2005, 08:20
Kristof, do you never sleep?! ;)

Pagnell
October 6th, 2005, 13:52
Kristof, I notice the SID options are included with this. Was it just ported over directly from the PS2 version but not implemented? Any idea when a release with sound will be available - have you got a version running with it yet? I offer my services as a beta tester by the way ;)

Amiga
October 6th, 2005, 15:18
I hope someone does a Amstrad cpc 464 only some of its games graphics were miles better than the same game for the c64 ;) :)

Pagnell
October 6th, 2005, 16:02
I hope someone does a Amstrad cpc 464 only some of its games graphics were miles better than the same game for the c64 ;) :)

Bless. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about ;)

Nige
October 6th, 2005, 16:16

C64 good, CPC also good, Spectrum rubbish. Here ends the playground argument once and for all ;)

However, if it is an Amstrad emulator you want, an Amstrad emulator you shall get. Watch this space. :D

Nige

Amiga
October 6th, 2005, 16:43
It was a subtle hint for someone to make one ;) :D

Pagnel :) example of amstrad games superior graphics :p

1.sorcery
2.aufwiedersane monty
3.ikari warriors
4.commando
5.gryzor

ataribob
October 6th, 2005, 16:44
Pitfall 2 works perfect even at full screen Run 100% speed.
Now if we had sound and a way to controll the Clockspeed.
This will be the program of the year

Pagnell
October 6th, 2005, 16:52
C64 good, CPC also good, Spectrum rubbish. Here ends the playground argument once and for all ;)

However, if it is an Amstrad emulator you want, an Amstrad emulator you shall get. Watch this space. :D

Nige

Oh!!! I like playground arguments! I used to argue with Speccy, Atari and Amstrad owners back in the early/mid 80's about how my C64 was better. I want to relive those times! :p

I...er....did prefer The Sacred Armour Of Antiriad on the Amstrad though. Ahem.

Amiga
October 6th, 2005, 17:21
i only had a fantastic little spectrum when i was a kiddie :D

i wished all my mates who had c64s would die horrible and painfully :D

wraggster
October 6th, 2005, 19:54
forgot to ask but does the PSP Version support what the PS2 version does, heres the newspost from the PS2vice site:

PS2VICE is a Playstation 2 port of VICE. It's user interface and some other thigs is based on PS2VIC.

Following emulators are somehow working:

- C64
- C128
- PLUS/4
- VIC-20

Commodore 64, VIC-20 and PLUS/4 emulators are running most games and utilities at 100% speed with FastSID and no full 1541 emulation. With reSID, most games do not work at 100% speed.

SmashinGit
October 7th, 2005, 01:46
I wonder what we will have first a 100% working Commodore 64 emulator or a 100% working Spectrum emulator? Let the battle begin :D

ArugulaZ
October 7th, 2005, 03:05
Wait, wait... hold the phone a second. This is also a VIC-20 emulator? And it works? Hot damn, somebody should have told me about this a lot sooner!

JR

Pagnell
October 7th, 2005, 11:48
No, the PSP version of Vice only has the C64 port at the moment but maybe that will change in the future. Ignoring the Commodore PET, the Vic 20 was my first proper computer (that had colour and sound anyway) so I am also looking forward to the possibility of it being included at a future date.