PDA

View Full Version : New Halo game for E3

Darksaviour69
July 4th, 2008, 15:17
We all know Microsoft won't comment in rumour and speculation but it looks like the publisher is readying a new Halo unveiling for E3 in a few weeks. But will it feature everyone's favourite Chief? Not so, a source tells CVG.

According to a rumour on Sarcastic Gamer, the fourth instalment is already in development: "A very good and anonymous source tells us that Halo 4 is already in full development over at Bungie." Unfortunately there was no further info available on the franchise's movements.

But we've done a little digging of our own and reckon a new Halo game could be revealed at this year's E3.

Whether or not it'll be the Peter Jackson project or the previously rumoured third-person prequel, remains to be seen. Believe us we've tried poking, threatening, starving and even tickling to find out more. But nothing...

At the end of May we revealed that, even though most of Microsoft's E3 line-up had been blown all over the internet, there were still two unknown announcements. "According to well placed sources close to Microsoft, the publisher has two more 'big' Xbox 360 games to be revealed for its 2008 line-up." We're now certain that a new Halo title is going to be one of them. Speculate below.

Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=192240)

mcdougall57
July 4th, 2008, 15:49
profits are too good for them not to release a halo 4

JKKDARK
July 4th, 2008, 16:09
I think it's too soon for a new Halo game. the third is game is still being big.

masterchief929
July 4th, 2008, 16:17
i think they are just going to set a holiday release date for halo wars.

Eviltaco64
July 4th, 2008, 16:24
I agree with JKK, its too soon for another Halo, unless it's in another direction like Halo Wars is going to be.

Man
July 5th, 2008, 01:15
I hope they release a Halo Prequel, like #rd person squad based type thang, if you read the books, i have, there is a really engaging story behind halo.

wolfpack
July 5th, 2008, 03:11
I hope they release a Halo Prequel, like #rd person squad based type thang, if you read the books, i have, there is a really engaging story behind halo.

do you mean another halo prequel? because thats what halo wars is, a prequel.

3rd person shooter for halo wouldnt be a bad idea, id kinda like it actually. BUT bungie needs to take their time with this halo. I loved halo 3 and i hate it when theres people say "halo 3 sucks and halo 1 was the best one". all i can say to you guys is "if you hate it so much... dont play it and quit whining and ruining it for the rest of us, go play your damn CoD4"

However right now GTAIV has me addicted to live right now :P

BUT halo 4... would be awesome as i thought halo 3 was the end even though that ending left an open, i was kinda hoping they would do like what doom diod, wait about 10 years and make an ultimate comeback, but i guess not.