PDA

View Full Version : Giana's Return WIP - News stop

JKKDARK
July 4th, 2008, 19:03
http://www.gianas-return.de/?p=194

We will put the game on stop, till we recieve the promised beta tests from the “volunteers” who wanted to help. Probably they were just greedy about the beta.

Atari
July 15th, 2008, 11:44
I feel your pain. Of the many that have tested my game, only a couple have given any sort of feedback. Even when I released a nearly-complete demo of the game, only a few people actually gave it a try. It kind of saps the motivation out of you to work on it. My game is finished, but i will never release it due to lack of interest.

Not to mention, it seems that this "scene" is holding on by a thread these days. I may stop by here once in a great while to see if there's anything going on, but the emphasis these days is on new generation console homebrew. Just check the amount of comments DC homebrew gets. If it's an emulator that runs on the DC, the posts get bombarded with comments. Homebrew doesn't get ANY comments.

There's absolutely NO point in working on any homebrew DC games anymore, unless it's a clone of another existing game or something 3D. Everything else just gets ignored.

Bobablob
July 15th, 2008, 17:08
That's a shame, because there are still people left who enjoy homebrew on the DC.