PDA

View Full Version : Wii Fit: 64% of Japanese gamers already giving up

wraggster
July 4th, 2008, 23:46
Rather than a game, Wii Fit is more comparable to an exercise program. More specifically, it’s something that most people would consider playing in short bursts each day. A recent poll, however, shows that close to two-thirds of Japanese gamers are already giving up on the product. ITMedia in Japan took poll data from 1000 gamers and a staggering 64% of the participants said they stopped using Wii Fit after purchase.

Do you use Wii Fit faithfully everyday?

- 22% - I record my progress faithfully everyday
- 6% - Maybe once every two or three days
- 6% - Once a week
- 64% - Stopped using after purchase

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=1883

JKKDARK
July 5th, 2008, 00:55
Yes, it happens with all these casual games. But Nintendo is happy because people already gave their money ;)

cataphrax
July 5th, 2008, 02:57
Wow, very similar to most other fitness programs/diets/etc.

Also, 1000 gamers is hardly representative of the millions of people who bought it anyway.

masterchief929
July 5th, 2008, 03:04
lol, ninty gets even richer and japan stays fat. XD

bah
July 5th, 2008, 03:24
A little plastic board you do basic exercises on is short lived like other gimmicks?

Shocking.

Auriman1
July 5th, 2008, 08:22
Maybe if I had more time, I'd use it more often. I'd assume the same principle applies for people in Japan, only magnified tenfold, so I can see where they're coming from being so quick to abandon it.

masterchief929
July 5th, 2008, 14:29
who would get this just to exercise. a parent would get it for their kid and the kid would do the same exercises everyday even though he is seven? or would the kid wait for games that require the wii balance board and have fun with those games? i think everyone already knew whether or not they were going tostay faithful with the exercises or buy it,have fun, and wait for better games on it.