PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Browser v0.1.2

wraggster
July 5th, 2008, 00:12
News/release from teknecal (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Homebrew_Browser)

http://www.youtube.com/v/GomiMbDH63o

The Homebrew Browser allows you to grab the latest homebrew applications and games all through your Wii. No longer will you have to take your SD card out to load the files or transfer the files from your computer to the Wii or even use your computer. Once you install a homebrew application and you no longer want it on your SD card, you can delete it as simple as that!

No more dead links, no more extracting files, no more finding out if there is an icon.png and meta.xml in the homebrew application/game!

Features
Auto updating when your Homebrew Browser version is out of date
One click download and install for each homebrew application
One click deletion of homebrew applications
Able to update your version of a homebrew application once an update comes out
Caching of the homebrew application pictures
Limitations
Currently this application is limited to receiving homebrew applications that only use a single file (boot.dol/elf). E.g. Homebrew applications that load images,etc won't be on the Homebrew Browser list.

Usage
Run the included ELF with your favourite method to boot homebrew . Uses the Wiimote Controller with IR.

A SD card icon under the homebrew application image means that you have the latest version of that homebrew application installed, while a clock icon means you don't have the latest version. You can update your installation of that homebrew application or install new homebrew applications by pressing A. You can delete homebrew applications provided that they have a SD card or clock icon by pressing B.

4 July 2008 (v0.1.2)

Added checks to make sure the server response is valid
Uses new graphics made by LowLines
New mouse pointer
"New" icon appears depending on the time
Uses GRRLIB 3.0.1a
(A few hours later) Fixed images getting corrupted when loaded previous and next 6 images a few times

Download and give feedback via comments.

____anders____
July 5th, 2008, 01:19
this app is just so awesome, i'm gonna update to this version tomorrow via the auto-update function:)

iofthestorm
July 5th, 2008, 19:26
Wow that's pretty awesome. I thought this was just for displaying your homebrew on the SD card so I never clicked on it. This should come with the homebrew channel or something. Also, does this load apps from a database on your site or something?

____anders____
July 6th, 2008, 12:00
it doesn't load apps from a custom site, but it loads from his, i believe.

iofthestorm
July 6th, 2008, 19:17
Ah, by your I meant the guy who made it. Should have been more clear.