PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE]Wolfenstein 3D V4.0 - Spear Of Destiny Support and more!

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 01:52
PSP Slim Port & all other improvements Coded By : Zack

Hey guys.

You wanted it, you got it!

Wolf3D v4.0 now supports : "Spear of Destiny" full and trial versions :)

Analog support has also been added, along with a partial re-write of the menu system to make it easier to use + other fixes!.

Read below for more info :

It works on both the PSP Slim & Phat, and is in usermode so it should run on any firmware in any GAME folder.

Features :

- "Spear Of Destiny" Full & Trial support --New!
- Full Sound Support (works great :) )
- Full Music Support (works great :))
- Full Screen Support (as default, can be enlarged more however)
- Full Speed
- Runs at 222mhz (saves your battery)
- PSP Slim Support
- PSP Phat Support
- Configurable Controls (See Read Me!)

Known Bugs :

Saving/loading buggyness is still there. I didn't even get chance to look at it yet. It's on the todo list for v5.0 ;)

Changes In This Version :

- Added support for "Spear Of Destiny (full version) & "Spear Of Destiny (Trial Version). Both work great :)
- Added Analog support. Analog support has been added to both the menu and ingame.
- Exit/Quit bug fixed. Game no longer crashes your psp upon exit.
- Re-wrote Parts of the menu code. Now is more console specific. Some pointless options removed, lots renamed.
- Quit messages fixed. Remember been insuled every time you wanted to quit Wolf3d? well the messages have been fixed now, so you can be!
- Change screen size option removed from menu, pointless. (why would you want it smaller?)
- Code cleanup. (quite a bit of it :p)
- Fixed typo in Game title on release, icon0 and pic1
- Various other fixes/clean-ups.

Summary :

So yeah, a nice few changes :). Hope you all enjoy Spears Of Destiny. I am working to get the full version of Wolf3D working. It's fighting me but I will get it in the end :). Version 5.0 will include support for it, so look forward to that!.

Q : Why is each game a separate zip file?
A : The way the game is made means they have to be separate. I am looking into a way to select which game you want on boot however.

Thank you all for your kind words and warmness toward this project. It makes it fun to work on. :thumbup:

I hope you all enjoy it :D

Here are some screens :

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk437/Zackpspcoder/screen1-1.jpg
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk437/Zackpspcoder/screen3.jpg

NOTE : To run the FULL version of Spears Of Destiny you must find/purchase its .SOD/.sod files & put them into the wolf3d folder. I can't include them due to them been under copyright. More info in readme. Google is your friend.

Source Included.

Download & Give Feedback Via Comments

**1_Man_Matrix**
July 5th, 2008, 02:47
I think it's fantastic that people are still reviving these old games. Never forget where we, as gamers have come from :)

Stuck on a desert island? Give me Ultimate Doom any day!

Keep up the great work!

wolfpack
July 5th, 2008, 03:03
woot! wow i am on vacation right now and im sitting in my dads truck and since i have wifi ive been checking on the news, this update surprised me so im getting this right off the bat.

Nice job dude!

Bastion
July 5th, 2008, 03:12
Is the sound supposed to be crackly? You say that it is good in your summary. I'm just wondering if it is something on my end.

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 03:36
Yeah it is a bit crackly, only a bit though. It's more than listenable. I am working on getting rid of the issue :)

da1writer
July 5th, 2008, 06:43
H...O...L...Y... CRAP! I thought wolfenstein would NEVER get updated to a playable form and WITH SOUND and MUSIC! Dude I give you mad props right now, you've instantly revived my PSP back into gaming (my PSP has only been used for the past few weeks for the pspradio function only). !
I've been waiting patiently for someone to make Wolfenstien into a FULLY playable form on the PSP and you've gone above and beyond on my wishes! Thanks a bunch dude! All that's left is for someone to port
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwOYJ2ctPsQ. If my patience granted me this great port of Wolfenstien, thatn I know I can wait on anything! Thanks again Zack!

albadross
July 5th, 2008, 07:58
Zack,

Thanks for getting this port going again.

No need to join Wolf 3D and SoD in one eboot.

I have played around with your eboot and I think it looks great separate.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/albadross/snap003.jpg

Keep up the good work!

David

maxellmaxell
July 5th, 2008, 08:04
psp help

niobe
July 5th, 2008, 08:51
great work, and I'm looking forward to support full version Wolf3D:thumbup:

.:PSP1.0:.
July 5th, 2008, 08:56
Zack update your sig! lol oh excellent work BTW :)

da1writer
July 5th, 2008, 10:23
great work, and I'm looking forward to support full version Wolf3D:thumbup:

Same here, I want to play the original full game of wolf3d so badly on the go. Hopefully there will be a way to pick different Spear episodes and the main wolf3d game. Zack, maybe you could adopt the sub system that the latest Doom psp port did where you can either select the main game or other packs.

Sharpy
July 5th, 2008, 12:34
great stuff, thanks

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 14:01
Zack,

Thanks for getting this port going again.

No need to join Wolf 3D and SoD in one eboot.

I have played around with your eboot and I think it looks great separate.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/albadross/snap003.jpg

Keep up the good work!

David

Nice Idea, I will release them with the spear of destiny ICON0 to seperate them from now on. Until I work out a way to pick which one you want to load on boot.

Zack update your sig! lol oh excellent work BTW :)

Yeah, I need to :p

Same here, I want to play the original full game of wolf3d so badly on the go. Hopefully there will be a way to pick different Spear episodes and the main wolf3d game. Zack, maybe you could adopt the sub system that the latest Doom psp port did where you can either select the main game or other packs.

Working on it ;)

---------

Thanks for the feedback :D

firemaster#1
July 5th, 2008, 15:13
How ironic how you don't promote copyright but, you got those files from someone else. By the way great release never thought this would happen and if you need the full regular version of Wolfstein 3d you can pm me and I give it to you so you can complete the wolfinstein support. Thanks you made my life eaiser with this.

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 15:19
How ironic how you don't promote copyright but, you got those files from someone else. By the way great release never thought this would happen and if you need the full regular version of Wolfstein 3d you can pm me and I give it to you so you can complete the wolfinstein support. Thanks you made my life eaiser with this.

I have the full Wolf3d files already. Thanks for the offer though.

I am not & never did say, that I do or do not promote copyright.

However I do know that if I include copyrighted files with the release I could get in serious legal problems, so I would rather not thanks.

Glad you like the release. As I said I am working on getting the full version of Wolf3d supported as we speak :)

firemaster#1
July 5th, 2008, 16:06
Sorry my misunderstanding because I seen release 3.0 and you and someone were talking about getting the files. Sorry again about the misunderstanding can't wait for full version support .
P.S This is why I thought you copyrighted.

The Budds
Zack do you still need the files for the non-shareware version of wolf?...

Zack

Yes please. No one has linked me to them yet.
Version 5.0 will have support for all levels (ie. non-shareware ones too).
Providing I can obtain the non-shareware files of course.

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 16:52
Update !

Wolf3D V4.5 released. Added Wolf3D full version support!

Check it out here : http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2148083385#post2148083385