PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE]Wolfenstein 3D V4.5 - Wolf 3D Full version support!

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 16:51
PSP Slim Port & all other improvements Coded By : Zack

It's finally here!. Wolf3D Full Version Support!

The only change in this version is the inclusion of Wolf3D full version support.

Read below for more info :

It works on both the PSP Slim & Phat, and is in usermode so it should run on any firmware in any GAME folder.

Features :

- Wolf3D Full Version Support! - --New!
- "Spear Of Destiny" Full & Trial support
- Full Sound Support (works great :) )
- Full Music Support (works great :))
- Full Screen Support (as default, can be enlarged more however)
- Full Speed
- Runs at 222mhz (saves your battery)
- PSP Slim Support
- PSP Phat Support
- Configurable Controls (See Read Me!)

Known Bugs :

1) Make sure you have no "CONFIG.WL6" files in the wolf3d folder. This can cause the game to crash on boot. Having wolf3d save files in this folder may also cause it to crash on boot.

2) Letting the game go past the wolf3D title screen on boot can cause the game to crash when pressing start/enter (to enter the game menu).

It is recommended to press either cross or start once you see the title screen.

Saving/loading buggyness is still there. I didn't even get chance to look at it yet. It's on the todo list for v5.0 ;)

Changes In This Version :

- Added support for Wolf 3D (full version)

Summary :

So yeah, finally psp owners can play the full version of Wolf3D!. The bugs listed above will be fixed in V5.0. Hence why I named this version 4.5. I could have waited and released it later when the bugs are fixed, but I figured you guys want it now :)

Thank you all for your kind words and warmness toward this project. It makes it fun to work on. :thumbup:

I hope you all enjoy it :D

Here are some screens :

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk437/Zackpspcoder/wolf3dfull1.jpg
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk437/Zackpspcoder/wolf3dfull2.jpg

NOTE : To run the FULL version of Wolf3D you must find/purchase its original wolf3d 1992 dos version .WL6/.wl6 files & put them into the wolf3d folder. I can't include them due to them been under copyright. More info in readme. Google is your friend.

Download the attached "filesneeded.txt" to find out exactly what files the game needs to run.

Source Included.

Edit : Updated filesneeded.txt to be more specific.

Download & Give Feedback Via Comments

Suzuka09
July 5th, 2008, 17:11
For some reason, this isn't working for me, when I run it theres a black screen, then my psp reboots, I might have the wrong files, so heres a file list of whats in my ms0:/PSP/GAME4xX/wolf3d

AUDIOHED.WL6
AUDIOT.WL6
EBOOT.PBP
GAMEMAPS.WL6
MAPHEAD.WL6
VGADICT.WL6
VGRAGRAPH.WL6
VGAHEAD.WL6
VSWAP.WL6

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 17:12
For some reason, this isn't working for me, when I run it theres a black screen, then my psp reboots, I might have the wrong files, so heres a file list of whats in my ms0:/PSP/GAME4xX/wolf3d

Try placing it in the PSP/GAME folder. That's where I always keep it ;)

Edit : I uploaded a "filesneeded.txt" file (see first post attachment)
This gives you the names of the files needed in order to run the game.

Suzuka09
July 5th, 2008, 17:42
Try placing it in the PSP/GAME folder. That's where I always keep it ;)

Edit : I uploaded a "filesneeded.txt" file (see first post attachment)
This gives you the names of the files needed in order to run the game.

files are there, and I put it in the game folder (kernal 4.XX ) and I get the same thing, but the memory stick light stays on.

Jean-DrEaD
July 5th, 2008, 17:48
you really fast! :P

my first game, on my psp! great! haha :D

thanks!

EDIT: doesn't work for me too...

CFW 3.90-3 @ fat

game/wolf3d/eboot.pbp with the "filesneeded" inside....

:(

shareware version is ok

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 17:48
files are there, and I put it in the game folder (kernal 4.XX ) and I get the same thing, but the memory stick light stays on.

That is odd. Do you have any prx's enabled? I read that sometimes these can stop certain homebrew from working.

Just to confirm, your directory structure is like this ?

PSP/GAME/wolf3d/

eboot.pbp
AUDIOHED.WL6
AUDIOT.WL6
GAMEMAPS.WL6
MAPHEAD.WL6
VGADICT.WL6
VGAGRAPH.WL6
VGAHEAD.WL6
VSWAP.WL6

Please confirm and post back :)

If anyone else is experiencing this weird issue please post, also if it works fine for you please post too.

Suzuka09
July 5th, 2008, 17:54
That is odd. Do you have any prx's enabled? I read that sometimes these can stop certain homebrew from working.

Just to confirm, your directory structure is like this ?

PSP/GAME/wolf3d/

eboot.pbp
AUDIOHED.WL6
AUDIOT.WL6
GAMEMAPS.WL6
MAPHEAD.WL6
VGADICT.WL6
VGAGRAPH.WL6
VGAHEAD.WL6
VSWAP.WL6

Please confirm and post back :)

If anyone else is experiencing this weird issue please post, also if it works fine for you please post too.

Its just like that, and after disableing all plugins, it still does not work :/

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 17:57
Its just like that, and after disableing all plugins, it still does not work :/

I tested on 2 psp's. 1 Phat and 1 Slim. Both running 4.01M33-2

Works fine..

What firmware do you run? also could you post your configuration settings from the recovery menu?

Is other homebrew working for you?

Also did the previous version v4.0 work for you?

Jean-DrEaD
July 5th, 2008, 17:57
same here :(

from another post:
-
doesn't work for me too...

CFW 3.90-3 @ fat

game/wolf3d/eboot.pbp with the "filesneeded" inside....

shareware version is ok
-

tested with plugins: blank screen e shutdown
tested wihout plugins: blank screen MS led stick and turn off

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 18:12
Just a note. Make sure your using the WL6 files from the original Wolf3D Full Version from 1992 for dos.

Other files (such as modified ones) (or ones from pspdoom) probably wont work.

scottyboynow
July 5th, 2008, 18:46
Wow, it works perfect for me on 3.90M33-3.

Will get the Wolfenstien game files and play the rest!

Jean-DrEaD
July 5th, 2008, 18:52
yes! :D

work... with original 1992 files...

no more trouble

thanks again Zack ;)

newb_fo_life
July 5th, 2008, 19:35
Nice work man :D

Suzuka09
July 5th, 2008, 20:17
Just a note. Make sure your using the WL6 files from the original Wolf3D Full Version from 1992 for dos.

Other files (such as modified ones) (or ones from pspdoom) probably wont work.

That may be it, I just found the first version I saw at demonoid, does it load a menu before loading the game?

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 20:28
That may be it, I just found the first version I saw at demonoid, does it load a menu before loading the game?

Yeah, starts up the same way the shareware version would.

wolfpack
July 5th, 2008, 20:59
i think i just jizzed a little.....
nice job :D

greed626
July 5th, 2008, 22:15
could someone pm me or post where i can get the original 1992 files? i have the full version, but i think its updated since it won't work on my psp

AshTR
July 5th, 2008, 22:53
I've got the legit files from a Wolfenstein 3D CD I bought some time ago. I guess the version from this CD doesn't work because I'm also getting the black screen issue no matter where I put the files. I also have all plugins off.

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 23:04
I've got the legit files from a Wolfenstein 3D CD I bought some time ago. I guess the version from this CD doesn't work because I'm also getting the black screen issue no matter where I put the files. I also have all plugins off.

Is that the dos version? The dos version from 1992 is the only version that is supposed to and ever will work. (for everybody's information)

Make sure that there is none of the following files in the folder :

CONFIG.WL6
or any savegames. (it saves from psp but using pc saves might not work)

AshTR
July 5th, 2008, 23:20
Is that the dos version? The dos version from 1992 is the only version that is supposed to and ever will work. (for everybody's information)

Make sure that there is none of the following files in the folder :

CONFIG.WL6
or any savegames. (it saves from psp but using pc saves might not work)

It has a date modified of 1994, so I guess it should be the DOS version from 1992.

Also, no save games and no config.wl6, just the files needed and the EBOOT.PBP.

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 23:25
It has a date modified of 1994, so I guess it should be the DOS version from 1992.

Also, no save games and no config.wl6, just the files needed and the EBOOT.PBP.

Must be the wrong files then.

I am sorry that I can't release them with the game. Makes it annoying for everyone.

Copyright is Copyright though.

cmfCrazyEyes
July 5th, 2008, 23:28
Freakin Sweet.:thumbup: Thanks Zack. Cant wait till the save game works right.:cool:

AshTR
July 5th, 2008, 23:28
Too bad you couldn't have just supported the files from the CD and 1992 original if possible, since those are the ones most have that are legit. (Plus usually that's the illegal one on torrents too. At least on Demonoid anyway.)

EDIT: Found a floppy rip on BTJunkie. If you want to know the difference between the files...

The AUDIOT file is 310KB, the CD one is 313KB.
The VGAGRAPH file is 296KB, the CD one is 270KB.
The VSWAP file is 1,510KB, the CD one is 1,509KB.

(Should help the people looking for the original 1992 version instead of the modified 1994 CD one.)

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 23:35
Too bad you couldn't have just supported the files from the CD and 1992 original if possible, since those are the ones most have that are legit. (Plus usually that's the illegal one on torrents too. At least on Demonoid anyway.)

EDIT: Found a floppy rip on BTJunkie. If you want to know the difference between the files...

The AUDIOT file is 310KB, the CD one is 313KB.
The VGAGRAPH file is 296KB, the CD one is 270KB.
The VSWAP file is 1,510KB, the CD one is 1,509KB.

(Should help the people looking for the original 1992 version instead of the modified 1994 CD one.)

It does support the 1992 files. There the ones I am using afaik. The demonoid ones have been proven not to work.

If they are on cd they might not be the original 1992 files. Wolf 3D (1992 version) was released on floppy disk.

If you like, send me the files from your cd and I will investigate why they don't work.

Edit :

Thanks I will add that to the filesneeded text file

Thanks!

firemaster#1
July 5th, 2008, 23:48
This works great thank for releasing the fullware version of the game. PM me if you want the original files from the 1992 version.;)

Zack
July 5th, 2008, 23:50
This works great thank for releasing the fullware version of the game. PM me if you want the original files from the 1992 version.

I am pretty sure I already have them :)

I have updated the filesneeded.txt file (on the first page) to be more specific.

It should be more helpful now :)

Edit :

I have created a thread for discussion on the next version (v5.0) of wolf3D. Please post your suggestions & ideas for the new version there please.

Remember if you don't tell me I can't fix/change it!

DjoeN
July 6th, 2008, 03:02
Wolf3D works great, but how to get SOD to work ?, it returns to the PSP dash :/

Zack
July 6th, 2008, 03:06
Wolf3D works great, but how to get SOD to work ?, it returns to the PSP dash :/

Hi. This is the version for Wolf3d Only.

To run SOD please download the SOD version from this thread : http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118770

ED13
July 6th, 2008, 03:41
Hell yeah thanx for the update man, it`s like an update a day for Wolf3D lol :D, keep `em coming cant wait till all the bug`s are iron`d out . Keep up the good work, cant wait for the next update :D:thumbup::thumbup:

bah
July 6th, 2008, 03:43
Very nice release indeed Zack :)

Runs great on my fat PSP running 3.52m33 via the game folder (set to 3.52 kernel).
I had actually played the GBA version of wolf a fair bit through gpSP, this obviously blows that out of the water.

Thanks for all your hard work man, I'll have to find myself the SOD data files and check that game out.
This looks so much nicer and runs great.

Sound effects play fine, I think I'm still used to the PC speaker sounds in all their cheesy glory though. :)

If people cant find the correct data files, Google 'wolf 3d floppy' and you shouldn't have much trouble.
Bless those crazy Swedes.

elliott_nally
July 6th, 2008, 11:06
Thanks Zack, works great! Just wanted to let you know that it still says its v4.0 when viewing it on the memory stick. Other then that it's great! I can't wait till you get the sound perfected!

Zack
July 6th, 2008, 13:38
Update :

Yet another new release : http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2148083691

Added support for Wolf3D CD Version Files.

Sterist
July 6th, 2008, 19:28
zack, any chance you could just make the filepaths static? if that were the case, it could be ran thru the "psp 2 iso" converter and then to CSO. dos games tend to compress very well ;)

the save / load paths would have to be fixed onto ms0

Zack
July 6th, 2008, 19:47
zack, any chance you could just make the filepaths static? if that were the case, it could be ran thru the "psp 2 iso" converter and then to CSO. dos games tend to compress very well ;)

the save / load paths would have to be fixed onto ms0

I can't see why not.

What structure did you have in mind?

Sterist
July 6th, 2008, 19:57
well, they could either be static or fixed to "disc0:/PSP_GAME/sysdir"

Zack
July 6th, 2008, 20:01
well, they could either be static or fixed to "disc0:/PSP_GAME/sysdir"

I will look into it for v5.0 :)

Sterist
July 6th, 2008, 20:04
right on :)

do you have / know how to use the converter?

Zack
July 6th, 2008, 20:09
right on :)

do you have / know how to use the converter?

No but I will learn :thumbup:

Sterist
July 6th, 2008, 20:25
i checked the readme/manual and it appears no copyrighted files are involved.
i didn't alter anything, so here (http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmwx0hmt04) you go.

the converter doesn't generate the iso, only the ISO format files / file structure. everything but the pbp needs to be manually dropped to sysdir, then the iso root pasted into UMDgen

edit: i just realized something. that means it can't be disributed in iso form, because the copyrighted files from wolf3d will be included lol

possible solution would be to compress the iso root as a seperate download and leave a note to put the "files needed" into sysdir, and paste iso root in umd gen

edit 2:

deleting BOOT.bin from sysdir is also recommended (by me anyway) :)

juiceface
July 6th, 2008, 23:56
I am having the black screen problem like the others described on page 1 of this thread,

firmware 3.71 m33-4

in PSP/Game/ I have

AUDIOHED.WL6 size: 2kb
AUDIOT.WL6 size: 313kb
GAMEMAPS.WL6 size: 148kb
MAPHEAD.WL6 size: 1kb
VGADICT.WL6 size: 1kb
VGAGRAPH.WL6 size: 270kb
VGAHEAD.WL6 size: 1kb
VSWAP.WL6 size: 1510kb
Eboot.PBP size: 567kb

When i start the game it goes to black sreen and shuts off PSP, any ideas? Do i need a higher firmware?

EDIT:
Okay i noticed somthing, in the header of this thread it says version 4.5, but when i download the release from this link http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2147506491&d=1215273056 and load it on my PSP it says "Version 4.0", was version 4.0 uploaded on accedent in this thread instead of 4.5? Thank you in advance author.

jamotto
July 7th, 2008, 00:03
I am having the black screen problem like the others described on page 1 of this thread,

firmware 3.71 m33-4

in PSP/Game/ I have

AUDIOHED.WL6 size: 2kb
AUDIOT.WL6 size: 313kb
GAMEMAPS.WL6 size: 148kb
MAPHEAD.WL6 size: 1kb
VGADICT.WL6 size: 1kb
VGAGRAPH.WL6 size: 270kb
VGAHEAD.WL6 size: 1kb
VSWAP.WL6 size: 1510kb
Eboot.PBP size: 567kb

When i start the game it goes to black sreen and shuts off PSP, any ideas? Do i need a higher firmware?

You don't have the right files for this version, you might try V4.6.

juiceface
July 7th, 2008, 00:07
You are right man, 4.6 loaded it perfectly, thank you for the observation!

and thanks to the author for all of his hard work.

Zack
July 7th, 2008, 00:21
It appears V4.5 supported the Spears Of Destiny expansion packs all along : http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2148083842#post2148083842