PDA

View Full Version : My Frekin' Step Dad and mom

ninja9393
July 5th, 2008, 21:39
This may be a long rant but it is the only place I can post it where they can't see

ok a little background on my parents
Tom (StepDad) is a artist for Lucasfilm. I live with him and my mom for the school year then go to my Dad's. My Dad is the coolest person in the world and his wife (patty) is the coolest step mom in the world and my little brother Max who is only 2 is the most important person in the world to me. I have the best time every summer going back to my home to be with them and to be in my home (Cali). Tom is mostly a degenerate asshole, and my mom is being a bitch right now.

Why I am so really pissed off.
My grades were mediocre, I passed everything, but I could do better. After school was out, I stayed with Tom and my Mom for a few weeks and a few days before I left, they aid they wanted the Wii for the summer, and I said no because of a few reasons

They didnt spend a penny on it. It was a gift from my whole family in cali
Before I got it they said they would love to play Wii Sports, I have had it for a year and they still have never played it
it is my entertainment in the summer
I was worried Nintendo would do something and my parents would upgrade and I would have no homebrew

But then they started yelling at me, telling me to so F*** myself, and that I am a huge asshole, and that you am an unworthy bastard. Then the threatened not seeing my Dad, Patty or my brother Max. I couldn't believe it. If I missed that, I miss a huge chunk of Max's childhood, Time I can never get back. So I bassically had to give it to them. So I am in cali, and I met this girl, Tierissa, and we started hanging out but then I got her number and i relize, Tom freklin' didn't pay the bill still ( it had been that way for 2 1/2 months) and I wanted to talk to my Friends, other family, Tierissa and My grandmother DIEING of cancer. She has only 8 months left and now I can't call her. WTF! So I pull out my email and write this

You need to pay my cell phone bill, I would like to have the ability
to talk to my friends in TX so will you please do that. It has been
off for like 2 1/2 months

then Tom responded this:

I need to? Really? Have you EARNED that cell phone? Your grades? The
attitude at home? Really? I NEED to? I asked you to call your mother once a
week since you left and you could only call on her Birthday so far.

Your phone is off for more then just non-payment.

Her birthday was 1 day over the week period

So I was completely pissed off and I wrote this

I think if you want me to call you every week I should have a Cell phone

So your bassically telling me, you want to cut me out of my friends,
because of my grades, I can't talk to any other parts of my family,
because of my grades. This should of been paid before grades wnt in,
when the bill needed to be paid. I gave you my Wii, I gave you my
entertainment for the summer, just to make you guys an once happier
because I couldn't express my feelings about what I believed what will
happen with it while it was at your house for the summer. But
nevertheless, I let you have it. I also met a girl here and she can't
call me, she has to call my dad just to reach me. It's pretty awkward.
Whatever Tom. I though this phone was for safety too, well if I get
kidnapped or I am lost with no phone, I guess I am totally screwed

And also, you wanted me to bring my cell phne because You said you
we're going to pay the bill once I got there.

Then I get a call a few hours later from my mom on my dad's cell phone with her yelling at me and all I can say is OK. She asks to talk to my dad and I give the phone to him, and I check my email and I see this

This is EXACTLY why you do not have a cell phone. You do NOT talk to me like
you're in charge. Your mother and I both agree on this. You could have
called from your father's phone. You were told before you left, call your
mother once a week and you didn't. THAT, you were told, would determine
whether or not you get phone privileges back. You failed to comply. If you
aren't able to call your friends from your father's house, that is not our
problem.

A Cell Phone is not a right, it's a privilege. You have had an attitude
problem for LONG before I stopped paying your cell phone bill. Your
attitude, your school work, your room, your hygiene has been horrid for I
don't know how long and you can whine and cry to your father all you like
about how awful are. If he'd like the other side, the side he doesn't see
because he only sees you 20% of the whole year, he can call your mother or
he can call me.

Have him stop writing your emails as well.

You want a phone back? You learn to respect your mother and me. WE feed you,
cloth you and shelter you 80% of the year. Had you gotten 1 point lower on
your grades, you would have not gotten to go to your father's... you'd be
sitting in Summer School until a week before school starts.

You should enjoy the time you have there, because when you get home, it will
be a whole different school year.

Have his stop writhing your emails, I FU**ING WROTE THEM, why does it have to be my dad, he had nothing to do with it!

BTW the summer school thing is not true... drama queen

What pisses me off is that I am a relatively good kid. I don't do drugs, never smoked, mostly polite, never drank,had some girlfriends. They act as if I am a horrible person and I cuss right in there face and that I am a disgrace to them

And after I am done reading that my Dad sits by me and we talk and he is cool, he understands that I am pissed, and he is to, but he has no power over it and he wants me to stay here still for the summer so no more emails. I say yes, and I am glad somebody is on my side.

If anyone actully read all of that, please tell me what you think

Napalm-Death
July 6th, 2008, 01:20
I think you should find a way to move in with your dad and step-mom...

Zack
July 6th, 2008, 01:47
That Tom guy sounds like a Control Freak.

I feel sorry for your situation.

How old are you? You only have to stick it until your 18 anyway then you can do whatever you want :D

splodger15
July 6th, 2008, 08:27
Yeh you should move in with your dad. I wouldn't listen to that Tom guy

Eviltaco64
July 6th, 2008, 08:42
Damn, that guy is an asshole.
Im serious man, find a way to stay with your dad.
If shit like that is going to happen, I would refuse to leave your dads, of course, that's just my opinion.

mike_jmg
July 7th, 2008, 08:21
I think you should find a way to move in with your dad and step-mom...

That Tom guy sounds like a Control Freak.

I feel sorry for your situation.

How old are you? You only have to stick it until your 18 anyway then you can do whatever you want :D

Agreed

mikeymaster
July 7th, 2008, 18:21
thats freaking terrible he sounds like a control freak indeed

and why would your mother allow this?

I think you should find a way to move in with your dad!

masterchief929
July 7th, 2008, 20:33
i would refuse to go back for the school year and if you do end up going back to not speak a word to your step-dad the entire time. i feel sorry for you and can't even imagine what your going through.

pibs
July 7th, 2008, 20:36
Man u dont have to take that sh!t, stay in cali with ur dad. If what u say is true, they clearly dont care about you. I know parents force their children to get higher grades to have bragging rights like if they did the work or something.....

Man
July 12th, 2008, 05:37
I hate step partents like that, id probably end up in jail if i had a step dad like yours, due that situation totally sucks.

Eviltaco64
July 12th, 2008, 09:51
What pisses me off about this whole thing is that this Tom fellow acts like he is, always was, and always will be, in charge.

I agree with Man, I couldnt live under those circumstances.

Accordion
July 12th, 2008, 22:50
As bad as it is, complaining about it wont do anything.

Get a job, earn some money, buy a phone.
Realise how important education is and work harder.
The sooner you show some independence and act for yourself the better.
If if your step dad has any decency your situation will change drastically.

Triv1um
July 12th, 2008, 23:11
Very childish rant.

Grow up and sort it out.

ninja9393
July 13th, 2008, 03:30
Very childish rant.

Grow up and sort it out.
Dude WTF did I ever do to you? I can't be mad about something, Im a teenager, that's what I do.

Accordion
July 13th, 2008, 12:35
I can be mad about something, Im a teenager, that's what I do.

Exactly. Unfortunately the transition from teen to adult is not some magical metamorphosis that happens at prescribed time. Facing up to your issues is part of that process.

Sorry to return to reality, but if someone is paying for your services then you owe them, not the other way around.

Triv1um
July 13th, 2008, 16:55
Dude WTF did I ever do to you? I can't be mad about something, Im a teenager, that's what I do.

It wasn't to be offensive.

I'm also a teenager.

ninja9393
July 14th, 2008, 21:06
Very childish rant.

Grow up and sort it out.

Then the threatened not seeing my Dad, Patty or my brother Max. I couldn't believe it. If I missed that, I miss a huge chunk of Max's childhood, Time I can never get back.

My grandmother DIEING of cancer. She has only 8 months left and now I can't call her.

Childish huh

masterchief929
July 14th, 2008, 21:39
that is not childish. if his step dad wants to discipline him like a father he needs to love him like a father. that means giving him some slack. letting him do things. providing him with A CELL PHONE SO THEY CAN STAY IN TOUCH.

Accordion
July 14th, 2008, 21:54
Childish huh

Yes
very

grow some balls and get a job!
how ever bad it is, what makes you think crying about it will help? Grow up, sort it out, there is much worse to come. Bad things happen to everyone.

ninja9393
July 14th, 2008, 23:49
Yes
very

grow some balls and get a job!
how ever bad it is, what makes you think crying about it will help? Grow up, sort it out, there is much worse to come. Bad things happen to everyone.

WTF! I give my parents 50% of my paycheck at work to pay for stuff like a cell phone. Yes, I have a job, I work at a supermarket.

It's childish that my grandmother, who has been there for my whole life to die of colon/lung cancer when she has gone through treatment 4 times, that takes a huge toll out of you, and the grandson is having difficulty to talk to her in her final year.

It is childish that they threaten twice for me not to be there for my little brother, who is only 2, and take away the little time I have with him and make it so I can't see him at all. I am never going to get the younger years again.

I understand bad things happen to everyone, so I posted this to you guys to be a little bit of therapy for me. It made me feel a hell a lot better, until the childish crap

Stop making false assumptions, please

Accordion
July 14th, 2008, 23:58
no one has suggested that the events around you are childish.

masterchief929
July 15th, 2008, 00:27
but u guys have assumed that he did not have a job. and since he does have a job and gives his parents money to give him a cell phone i think that it is very mature of him not to go and get a cell phone without his parents consent.

Eviltaco64
July 15th, 2008, 02:22
You might as well get a gophone or whatever so you dont have to deal with your parents paying it for you

masterchief929
July 15th, 2008, 02:44
but u guys say grow up. the right thing to do is to try to give his step dad and mom some respect and try to obey some of their wishes. i think that before he gets a gophone or somethng similar he should get his parents permission.

wolfpack
July 17th, 2008, 22:29
I do not see this as a childish rant, more like a thing to get everything off his chest due to frustration. Yea your stepdad sounds like a complete dickhead, but then again, what stepdad isnt?:P

You should buy a pay as you go phone as a temporary usage until you can afford a plan and whatnot, your stepdad cant control that if its your own money, and if he does you can say "my money, my phone" he wont backoff probably BUT it does show that you do have responsibility. If youre trying to talk to your dying grandmother, then its NECESSARY to talk to her. And since he pushed that away, that just proves how much he really never cared about you in the first place. He sure seems to love to piss you off.

Just do what you can to get the hell outta there ASAP.
Sounds like your home in CALI will leave you happier. Just make sure not too much commotion is caused beforehand, which may be hard, but you can pull it off :)

Good luck to ya ninja

acn010
July 17th, 2008, 22:40
one thing i will say to you from my past expirience (and this happened to my real dad)
f.u.c.k him.... dont accept anything that he gives you... get a small job part time and get your own stuff or buy or what ever.... ignore that shiat face and do everything so you can make yourself happy...
im glad i got out of the house cause i really hate my father... i dont consider him as a father anymore so yeah...
(sorry but it really got into me)

gdf
July 18th, 2008, 10:56
I feel quite sorry for you, I don't think it's being childish as the situation sounds quite bad. If you're telling us the whole side of what your mum and stepdad think is "attitude", then you've got a right to be angry, especially if you're giving them half your cash. As others have said, move in with your dad.

Or strangle Tom, that might work :eek: