PDA

View Full Version : Hudson: PS3 development too expensive

wraggster
July 5th, 2008, 22:17
Hudson has ruled out developing and publishing full PS3 games, due to the development costs on Sony’s format being too high.

Speaking to Yahoo Japan (translation here), Hudson’s president Michihiro Ishizuka ruled out making any full PS3 games, due to the high development costs and associated risks of developing for the format.

While this will undoubtedly be something of a disappointment for PS3 owners, given the developer-publisher’s recent games, it’s not overly surprising.

Although the company has developed a few full 360 games in the form of (the admittedly dire) Bomberman Act: Zero, Fuzion Frenzy 2 and JRPG Far East of Eden, its focus has predominantly lay with the Wii and DS.

That said, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that the company’s coding efforts may yet be seen on Sony’s console.

Despite ruling out releasing standard boxed titles on the PS3, Ishizuka (according to the translation, anyway) does appear to praise Sony’s PSN download service, describing it as “attractive” in the business sense.

It certainly wouldn’t surprise us if Hudson developed games started turning up on the PS Store.

Hudson has been very active in the download sector, being a keen supporter of Nintendo’s WiiWare and Virtual Console download services.

It has also released Bomberman Live on Xbox Live Arcade to much critical acclaim – and we’re pretty sure that most PS3 owners wouldn’t say no to a PSN Bomberman title.

Thanks to Gamefront.de for the heads up.

http://www.gamer.tm/news.php?id=2665

JKKDARK
July 5th, 2008, 22:35
That's awesome, less support for the PlayStation 3. They should give more support to the 360 :)

Eviltaco64
July 5th, 2008, 22:39
That's awesome, less support for the PlayStation 3. They should give more support to the 360 :)

What's your 360 Gamertag?
Once I fix mine, I'll add you :)

DPyro
July 5th, 2008, 22:56
Good, less crap companies to make crappy games on PS3. Let them put their crap on the Wii.

Napalm-Death
July 6th, 2008, 01:15
Good, less crap companies to make crappy games on PS3. Let them put their crap on the Wii.

I was thinking the same exact thing when I read the title of the thread.

jamotto
July 6th, 2008, 02:38
The PS3 needs all the developers it can get.

Eviltaco64
July 6th, 2008, 04:22
They dont have many good 360 games. Bomberman Act Zero was horrible, Fusion Frenzy looks stupid, Bomberman Live, however, is a fun game :)

jrsmaster411
July 6th, 2008, 04:35
Hudson has ruled out developing and publishing full PS3 games, due to the development costs on Sony’s format being too high.

Speaking to Yahoo Japan (translation here), Hudson’s president Michihiro Ishizuka ruled out making any full PS3 games, due to the high development costs and associated risks of developing for the format.

While this will undoubtedly be something of a disappointment for PS3 owners, given the developer-publisher’s recent games, it’s not overly surprising.

Although the company has developed a few full 360 games in the form of (the admittedly dire) Bomberman Act: Zero, Fuzion Frenzy 2 and JRPG Far East of Eden, its focus has predominantly lay with the Wii and DS.

That said, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that the company’s coding efforts may yet be seen on Sony’s console.

Despite ruling out releasing standard boxed titles on the PS3, Ishizuka (according to the translation, anyway) does appear to praise Sony’s PSN download service, describing it as “attractive” in the business sense.

It certainly wouldn’t surprise us if Hudson developed games started turning up on the PS Store.

Hudson has been very active in the download sector, being a keen supporter of Nintendo’s WiiWare and Virtual Console download services.

It has also released Bomberman Live on Xbox Live Arcade to much critical acclaim – and we’re pretty sure that most PS3 owners wouldn’t say no to a PSN Bomberman title.

Thanks to Gamefront.de for the heads up.

http://www.gamer.tm/news.php?id=2665
lol

Ultima Chocochu
July 8th, 2008, 02:07
With the titles they've shown, I doubt many people really care.