PDA

View Full Version : Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator for PSP) Test Release 06/07/08

wraggster
July 6th, 2008, 01:29
Jf (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3741&start=210) has posted a release of the Mac Emulator for the PSP, heres the release details:

Here's test 3. Even more stuff - the CPU frequency is set by the prefs, and networking should be working (it's just impossible to set the network settings on the Mac side since there's no keyboard). The cdrom and floppy are removable now... but that led me to a weird quirk I'm not sure is due to B2 or not.

When you have the floppy and cdrom set as removable devices (and not just missing when not in use), sometimes the Mac video "stops" - you get the initial dither pattern and nothing else, even though the Mac is still running in the background. As long as you have a bootable hardfile, bootable cdrom, or the combination of a non-bootable hardfile AND a bootable floppy, the video doesn't go out to lunch. So no trying to boot just a floppy. Weird, huh?

binary
source

Uh... to insert media, press SELECT. You'll get a field that shows a floppy or cdrom. Press left/right to switch between floppies and cdroms. Press up/down to scroll through the list of floppies or cdroms. When you reach the disk you want, press X to mount it. Note that you must not have a disk inserted in that device or you won't be able to mount it. So if you already have a cdrom inserted, you have to eject it before you can insert the next. Same for the floppy. Only cdroms and floppies in their respective directories will show. You don't get to navigate willy-nilly to select cdroms/floppies on the desktop.

Download and give feedback via comments.

siulmagic
July 6th, 2008, 04:03
cant wait to try this

edit:its giving me an error cannot open rom file

Eviltaco64
July 6th, 2008, 04:16
So wally was testing a Mac emulator?

TAzz MAN
July 6th, 2008, 08:30
I cant seem to find a rom for this and if i have to make the rom from a cd which one or could someone pm me a link:)

Hawq
July 6th, 2008, 15:16
test 4 is out now
This one doesn't hang when switching display modes. You'll want to run in 8 bit mode for right now. 640x480 is nice, but if you have bad eyes, 512x384 would be easier to read. Don't try to use 768x576 right yet as it's too tall for the current refresh routines. Also includes other minor updates, but I forget what beyond the video hack.

Buddy4point0
July 6th, 2008, 19:13
If you have a psp slim couldn't you try doing video out to a tv and then using 640x480?