PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger DS countdown ends, 'reveals' Chrono Trigger

wraggster
July 6th, 2008, 18:20
After much speculation and painful hours of sitting on pins and needles, Square-Enix confirmed that their chronometric teaser was, in fact, counting down to the big reveal of a Nintendo DS adaptation of Chrono Trigger. The countdown just ended, revealing the first pseudo-trailer for the game; following Squeenix's promise for a "newly revamped" version of what many consider to be the greatest RPG of all time, our hopes were high for a 3D remake, ala Final Fantasy III and IV -- though the trailer shows that the visuals will retain their charming 16-bit aesthetic.

The trailer doesn't show off the game's new features, like the new dungeon, wireless play and touch screen support -- though it does end by touting the Winter 2008 release window we'd previously heard. Hopefully, future media for the title will show us exactly why we'll need to purchase the game again (other than the fact that it's frakkin' Chrono Trigger) -- until then, we'll be anxiously awaiting Christmas morning, when we'll scurry to the foyer to discover that Ho-Ho has left us stockingfuls of heartwarming nostalgia.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/06/chrono-trigger-ds-countdown-ends-reveals-chrono-trigger/

kcajblue
July 6th, 2008, 21:27
cant wait for it.

gonna be interesting to see how its gonna play.

ChaoticanarchyX
July 7th, 2008, 00:56
I dunno.... after seeing that trailer i dont think it would be worth picking up. What is there really that the DS version could offer me playing this game Vs the Ps1 or SNES version can... So far this version hints at no graphic updates, cut scenes, redone characters..... nothing. Then again they do have some time between now and when the game is actually released, so many things can change between now and then.....

jrsmaster411
July 7th, 2008, 07:58
I was excited about this remake until watching the trailer and seeing it's just a port after seeing how they remade FFIII & IV I had high hopes for this

AuroraKnight
July 7th, 2008, 20:18
Well I'm not expecting too much from it anyway considering the release date. They're doing it all in a very short amount of time so if they did do a remake, it'd probably be worse than the original unless the release date got kicked back so I'll be content with the original chrono trigger so long as they add some cool new features