PDA

View Full Version : Rokoban, a Sokoban version, in 3D

wraggster
July 7th, 2008, 01:17
News/release from ZaloDS (http://zalods.blogspot.com/)

I remeber when was the first time I played Sokoban. It was on my Gameboy. I was only 12 and it was summer. That summer I bought one of those 16-in-1 cartdridges. There were a lot of awesome games there but there was one that I remember specially. I didn't even knew his name until some years later. It was an awesome game that made me spent a lot of time thinking and having fun. There was a guy with a hat and some boxes that you had to push to some cells that were marked with points. I didn't need some instructions or something like that to play it, the game was in Japanesse. And I think that is one of the wonderful things of this game. It was intuitive, fun and gave you that felling of satisfaction when you finished a level you have been trying for days. It was Sokoban.

A lot of ports of this game have been released since then, for all platforms, including the DS. But anyway I wanted to make my own version :D I have spent a lof of time on it. Not because it is very hard to develop (I coded the logic of the game in just an afternoom and in 3 weeks I had my first playable demo) but because at the time of developing this game I have also been improving ZEngine. The version that I've made is on 3D and I thinks is the first one like that released on the DS. You can also load set of levels from your card and I think this is also new too. And the main character of the game is Roko, one of the character that I draw for my weekly comic strip tinomi. I had the model done years ago, it was going to be on 1010 Locos por el tenis, and finally I have been able to place it on a game

Ok, that's all from me, at the moment. Here I leave you the versions for Windows and Nintendo DS. There is no version for Symbian. You now what? I hate Symbian, it is horribleeeeeeee. Yes that's the truth, you don't program for Symbian, you fight! XDDDD And I am tired. I don't know if I'll continue supporting Symbian versions or not. Who knows. Hope you enjoy the game. For any suggestion of bug report, you know where to find me :P

Download Here (http://jusenkyo.no-ip.org/zalods/Rokoban/RokobanDS.zip) and Give Feedback Via Comments

sepro
July 9th, 2008, 08:30
This is a very nice game, has a decent set of levels and good graphics. And I love the fade effect!

If the developper(s) could add some sound and slightly more variation in the textures this would really rock!