PDA

View Full Version : Sony: Ps3 'our Biggest Breakthrough Yet'

wraggster
October 6th, 2005, 17:56
Sony's CEO Howard Stringer has been singing the praises of PS3. Speaking recently at the CEATEC Japanese electronics show he's called the next-gen console "Our biggest breakthrough yet", enthused about the Cell processor - which "really sets the PS3 apart" - and boldly stated the processor offers "twice the processing power of Xbox 360". Hurrah for another bout of willy waving.
Anyway, according to reports, Stringer went on to heap yet more praise on the Cell microprocessor, saying that "It's simply amazing in a home entertainment device... The PS3 is only the beginning, but it is a monumental technical advance." Can you feel the love?

Moving away from the 'mine's bigger than yours' bravado, he revealed Sony's forthcoming initiative to allow PSP owners to use the handheld's wi-fi functionality to "watch video from home entertainment terminals, anytime, anywhere in the world," a feature which is apparently coming soon.
And there was something about recording TV programmes on digital video recorders and then watching them on PSP courtesy of higher capacity memory sticks, which sounds great. We think.

quzar
October 6th, 2005, 19:02
I can't wait to see what it can ACTUALLY do. /me remembers back to the emotion engine being 'the most powerful power ever power LOOK AT US!'

Starscream
October 7th, 2005, 12:44
I wouldn't be surprised if multiplatform titles almost look identical anyway. And I'd be surprised if the gap between the systems turns out much wider as say, the GC and the Xbox1.

leggy
October 16th, 2005, 21:20
I would love a massive memory stick but I can only imagine what price it would come in at! :(

HeX
October 22nd, 2005, 00:41
Well as bigger MS come in the smaller cost less. So if they come out with a 5GB MS the 1GB well cost less then it does now becouse everyone well want the bigger and better 5GB instead. If they do come out with a "massive" MS then they well most likely come out with a super massive one and the massive one well cost less. Just wait, it takes time.