PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo dismisses widescreen DS claims

Shrygue
July 7th, 2008, 20:26
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=171073)

Nintendo has told Eurogamer that claims it is preparing to unveil a widescreen DS are "purely rumour and speculation".

Rumours emerged after a suspicious Nippon Ichi advert was posted by website Aeropause. It shows the publisher's upcoming titles on a DS with much larger screens.

Nintendo's comments would suggest this doesn't mean much, though the platform holder did not comment directly on the advert's authenticity.

The possibility of Nintendo unveiling a redesigned DS model at next week's E3 show in America also remains a talking point. Observers suggest the publisher has historically favoured revising its handheld hardware once every three years.

What would you like to see done to the DS, Eurogamer reader?

wiggy fuzz
July 7th, 2008, 22:15
hmm... screens that wide would interfere with the already small ds controls. the lower screen would have to be flush with the casing - something which cannot happen with touch film screens.

i have to call fake

mr game porter
July 8th, 2008, 00:08
i would like an SD card slot, mic in-put, built-in Internetz browser, built-in MP3 support. built in gyro and rumble, better wii to DS (?) support, tv-tuner, radio-tuner, JAVA and FLASH compactibility, pc to ds (?) support, built in HDD (20 GB are about enough...), file browser etc.

that's all i can think of right naow.

Buddy4point0
July 8th, 2008, 01:06
i would like an SD card slot, mic in-put, built-in Internetz browser, built-in MP3 support. built in gyro and rumble, better wii to DS (?) support, tv-tuner, radio-tuner, JAVA and FLASH compactibility, pc to ds (?) support, built in HDD (20 GB are about enough...), file browser etc.

that's all i can think of right naow.

So you want the ds to be a PSP?
hahaha

Kaeruyaki
July 8th, 2008, 06:32
With the DS still selling like hotcakes, there's no way they'd release different hardware right now. Maybe in a few years.

MrSkiz
July 8th, 2008, 09:01
Screens with higher resolution, more ram, more hertz on CPUs, and a texture filtering chipset.

Otherwise, the DS is good as is... Even if 1 or 2 inches more for the screens wouldn't be bad...

spinal_cord
July 8th, 2008, 10:31
IT'S FAKE!

you can see the real screen under the picture, look just below the hinge.

wiggy fuzz
July 8th, 2008, 12:41
IT'S FAKE!

you can see the real screen under the picture, look just below the hinge.

:rofl: well then, it's settled.

http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/archives/images/2008/07/disgaeads-ad.jpg

ds with larger screens is a fake. end of story - everyone can stop fantasising now ;)

i mean, the top and bottom screen aren't even aligned properly...

Mr_Biggs
July 9th, 2008, 23:16
I think there's one coming, these hints at a widescreen DS are all too common. I heard a wal-mart radio ad yesterday, which was advertising the "super-cool nintendo DS, with widescreen and wireless technology".

Who knows.

pokeballer
July 10th, 2008, 04:18
nintendo remodeled the gameboy advance to the gameboy sp and the ds to the ds light
they wont remodel the ds twice but there probably will be a new nintendo handheld system out in about 2 or 3 years