PDA

View Full Version : new 360 revision with 1TB of storage coming soon to a Hut near you

wraggster
July 7th, 2008, 23:17
As requested via a mod this thread is to be labeled as a Rumor, so please take it like that.

Today I ran across some information.
However I do live in an area with a good deal of employees/contractors from a rather large corporation and have worked with some of them in my past.

So lets start off with some of the info I was given starting with the 360 in general.
From what I was told during a conversation;
Microsoft seems to be slimming the system down to a 'Wii-like' size. (A Fat overweight Wii )
This model should have the CPU+GPU Combo Dye with the E-DRAM off to the side.
Thats all the information I have on that.

Now I'm not 100% sure on this so do not get hyped up, but speculated release is Late Winter 2008ish?
Side note, ATI/AMD has been working on a CPU/GPU Combo dye for sometime. LINK

Clairifying this section... guess I confused some people. Its not the Xbox 360, its the Next Gen system.
As for the Xbox,
The Next Generation Xbox after the Xbox 360... thats expected to have a Blu-Ray Drive?, 1TB HDD, and a Quad-Core CPU.
Speculative Date is considered 2010~.
(Considering its still early these are most likely to change.)
They also mentioned the spec sheet for the console was leaked. ?

Lastly, the handheld xbox-like device. As far as I know its considered a "Pie-in-the-sky".

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325980

Elven6
July 8th, 2008, 01:41
It seems like this guy is just "making it up"

The 360 currently has a Quad Core, I think, if not its a tri core system. A Quad Core won't be a huge step up. A 1TB HDD, seriously?

synthetic_h8
July 8th, 2008, 02:27
lol . . .
my computer is going to smell like bullshit for weeks

Harshboy
July 8th, 2008, 04:07
The fact that the hard drive is 1TB really gives it away...FAKE!

And remember, back when the 360 came out, all we had was Hyper-Threading Pentium 4 CPUs...Tri-Core was beastly and brand new. The next Xbox would be at least 8-Cores or better.