PDA

View Full Version : Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator for PSP) Test Release 6 08/07/08

wraggster
July 8th, 2008, 00:39
Jf (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3741&start=270)has posted a new release of the Mac Emulator for the PSP, heres the release details:

Here's test6. This one has the minor cleanup of the audio... should sound better for apps that do distinct clips instead of streaming. Major change - I got tired of looking for what was wrong with 4 bit video, so I did a hack - I convert the four bit video into 8 bit and then use the 8 bit code. Works fine. One thing this tells me - the Mac is drawing the four bit correctly, so the problem is with the GU_PSM_T4 handling. I can't spot the problem... I'll leave it for another time. This at least makes it where you can read the damn display so initial installs and four bit games should be usable now.

Download and give feedback via comments.

Hawq
July 8th, 2008, 15:22
He's keeping everyone on their toes test 7 is out now

Here's test 7. Major features!!! TV SUPPORT!!! YAY!!!! Even for interlaced/composite TVs. Add to that the improvement in the scaling and the graphics got a major boost here. I'm not done with the refresh yet - I still need to accelerate the four bit conversion if I can, and do the swapping on the 15 and 24 bit modes. At that point, the graphics will be complete.