PDA

View Full Version : Bushing News - factory 2

wraggster
July 8th, 2008, 19:49
News from the Wii Hacker Bushing

Last week, I bought two brand-new Wiis (the first new ones I’ve ever owned!) and dumped their NAND Flash filesystems before powering them on for the first time. I was able to recover some interesting info (although nothing earth-shattering).

The two Wiis:

LU5757004xx (id 0×047854xx): This unit was purchased Jun 27th from a major “big box” electronics retailer (Best Buy) here in California. The PCB has a datecode of “1208″, meaning the 12th week of 2008 — I bought it in the 26th week, so it’s taking them 14 weeks to get the units from the factory to the store shelf, which seems rather slow to me. (Wiis are still very hard to find here; all stores sell out of Wiis on the same day they receive the shipment.) The drive PCB has a datecode of “1008″, and is presumably a D2C2.

LU3477336xx (id 0×046d2b5a): This unit was purchased July 1st from a specialty game retailer (GameStop). The PCB has a datecode of 0808, as does the drive PCB — so it’s taking them even longer to ship units to the smaller retailers. I’m guessing that these two consoles came from different factories (hence LU5x vs LU3x).

Both devices contained new silicon revs — “Broadway B” and “Hollywood AA”. The LU3x Wii uses a strange, foil-shielded DI cable that I have never seen before.

http://hackmii.com/2008/07/factory2/#more-58