PDA

View Full Version : Guitarfun 2.7

wraggster
July 9th, 2008, 01:09
via wiibrew (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Guitarfun)

Hermes (http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_juego-guitarfun-2-6-para-wii_1052906) has released Guitar Fun for the Wii, heres the translated info:

Good.

After a while playing with sound and graphics of the Wii (as some already know), I have taken the initiative to carry my famous program Guitarfun PC to Wii, adding some extra things, such as a MOD who played in the menu or support for the Rumble when some failures note.

The program can be controlled from two PC USB keyboards, from two Guitars (Guitar Hero 3) or from two Wiimote (with or without Nunchuck) or any combination thereof. You can use a PS2 Guitar through adapter commanded by GC (if encountered some problems with yours, send an MP to fix)

I have added some support autodetection to know who is in active command, the priority being the first player to Guitars, etc. (can also be manually select from a menu "Input Options")

Finally, as you have a nice PDF, I shall be brief here: just say that if usais a keyboard, the thing is the same as driving Frets On Fire Guitarfun or PC. With the guitar thing is done and if you have a Wiimote, it is best to connect the Nunchuck
and select things with the cursor up / down and using A to enter the menus and B to exit (in the game to play, it would be
Z, C, A, B + for Green, Red, Yellow, Orange and Blue, without golpeador)

The SD meteis folder 'guitarfun' package (with all its contents) in the root directory. This reader uses the DS's internal Wii.

Inside the folder 'song' you must add folders with songs in 'Frets on Fire'. You can customize the list of songs formed packs (see the PDF). You can also customize the masts and bitmap background. Again, look at the PDF

Incidentally, this is a beta that I've only tested, so we hang here for the probeis that what you and I conteis that this is going. The source, the public where appropriate under GPL v3.

Download Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/guitarfun_2.7_wii.rar) and Give Feedback Via Comments

slayerdemon555
July 9th, 2008, 01:42
awesome homebrew
the best on the wii so far
add hyper speed and it will be perfect

Nintendo Maniac 64
July 9th, 2008, 03:49
so is there still no classic controller support?

TechRat
July 9th, 2008, 05:30
Packs don't seem to work in this version. I had to place all of my songs directly into the "songs" folder.

I'm also finding that on some songs the notes don't quite sync with the music. Of course, they could just be poorly put together.

On the plus side, I'm amazed that my PS2 guitar controller works through my PS2->GC adapter. I applaud you for thinking that some people may want to play it this way.

This app really is excellent. Thank you!!! :thumbup:

Nintendo Maniac 64
July 9th, 2008, 05:47
I noticed the sync issues in the version before. It's not THAT major, but the notes come a TINY bit before the corresponding note in the music.

The only other 2 things bugging me are, yet again, lack of classic controller support...

and lastly, where's my fully customizable controls?

DimensionT
July 9th, 2008, 06:01
and lastly, where's my fully customizable controls?

The same place your appreciation for the coders of this game is.

Issues with the sync can be fixed by you. Add 0.1 seconds or so of silence to the beginning of the OGG.

Someone posts a near perfect homebrew Guitar Hero clone for the Wii, yet people still find reasons to complain. First person to bitch about the graphics gets a punch in the face.

wertyer
July 9th, 2008, 06:03
This is a great new homebrew! I hope they add support for the usb rockband guitar. That would be great! Lately the wii homebrew scene has really been growing.

jacman80
July 9th, 2008, 12:31
This sounds absolutely amazing.

Can anybody confirm whether or not a PS2 Guitar with USB-Adapter is recognized?

Glad to hear the PS2/GC-Converter is working.

TechRat
July 9th, 2008, 12:37
Issues with the sync can be fixed by you. Add 0.1 seconds or so of silence to the beginning of the OGG.

This sounds like a great idea. Can you recommend an app for doing this (preferrably freeware)?

Can anybody confirm whether or not a PS2 Guitar with USB-Adapter is recognized?

I just so happen to have one of those, too. :)
I'll try it tonight and let you know the results.

Nintendo Maniac 64
July 9th, 2008, 14:43
The same place your appreciation for the coders of this game is.

Someone posts a near perfect homebrew Guitar Hero clone for the Wii, yet people still find reasons to complain. First person to bitch about the graphics gets a punch in the face.

Sorry, that's what happens when someone (AKA me) commonly beta-tests software :/

EDIT: Oops, about the tiny note-music, I reversed it. The music comes .25-.5 seconds AFTER the note.

firedragon_jing
July 9th, 2008, 19:11
I couldn't get the PS2 Guitar to recognize through the GCN port...

TechRat
July 9th, 2008, 20:36
I couldn't get the PS2 Guitar to recognize through the GCN port...

Some questions:

What brand of adapter do you have? The one that worked for me was from Nyko.

Did you configure the guitar correctly in the app? You need to select "Guitar 1" for player 1, then go to the "Configure Guitar 1" item and select the PS2 guitar option.

Which GC port on the Wii did you use? It may sound like a silly question, but I was having problems myself until I remembered that the player 1 port is in the front, not the back.

Did you have any other controllers or GC memory cards plugged in? I had nothing but the guitar connected.

firedragon_jing
July 9th, 2008, 20:44
Some questions:

What brand of adapter do you have? The one that worked for me was from Nyko.

Did you configure the guitar correctly in the app? You need to select "Guitar 1" for player 1, then go to the "Configure Guitar 1" item and select the PS2 guitar option.

Which GC port on the Wii did you use? It may sound like a silly question, but I was having problems myself until I remembered that the player 1 port is in the front, not the back.

Did you have any other controllers or GC memory cards plugged in? I had nothing but the guitar connected.I have a Madcatz one that came with my multi-system dance-pad.

I had the Wii GHIII guitar hooked up.

My problem was probably the second thing you said, I didn't know you had to go into the config and there was a PS2 guitar option. I only saw were it lets you change between guitar, pad, keyboard. I'll try it now and see if it works.

Thanks

fellipepb07
July 10th, 2008, 00:07
best homebrew on wii ever! can I put the mods???

blazingwolf
July 10th, 2008, 01:23
Anyone else having trouble with songs syncing up perfectly their note charts? For example, Freezepop is incredibly off when I play it. The ending of Ace of Spades is early, and other songs are slightly off. But when I play them on FoF on my PC, they are perfect. Anyone know whats wrong? I think it may be the read speed of the SD card I think. When I first loaded some songs on my SD, I never got a "loading from SD" screen. Then when I fill the SD card to the brim, I got a short loading screen saying "loading songs from SD...25%....50%...etc", and it loads right after selecting a song too. Could my filled SDCard be slowing down read times and causing the lag? Anyone else have this problem with or without a filled card? Any songs I mentioned lag for anyone out there? Is it the program, the SD card, or what? Can't be the songs though, work fine in FoF.

Thanks for any help guys.

vicious1988
July 10th, 2008, 01:48
Many songs are a little off on the lead guitar. The bass/rhythm tend to be more off.

blazingwolf
July 10th, 2008, 02:27
Wells some songs are way off, for example lesstalkmorerokk by freezepop in GH2. Have you tried that yet? The are majorly off for me.

wertyer
July 10th, 2008, 02:59
i used a madcatz gamecube adapter for my ps2 guitar controller and all of the fret buttons were mixed up. i just bought another adapter and i am hoping that it works cuz this is a really awesome homebrew.

TechRat
July 10th, 2008, 03:02
Wells some songs are way off, for example lesstalkmorerokk by freezepop in GH2. Have you tried that yet? The are majorly off for me.

It could also be that the Wii version needs a little tweaking. Don't forget that it's a beta release.

In the meantime, someone suggested to me earlier that I should try adding .1 seconds of silence to the beginning of the .ogg files. This is really easy to do in Audacity, and my first attempt (Experimental Film by They Might Be Giants) resulted in a much better sync. I'd recommend trying it.

trugamer
July 10th, 2008, 13:03
@Blazingwolf
You could try defragmenting your sd card, as using an sd card that has had files deleted etc. and filling it up means different parts of the files could be in different places, sometimes causing lag etc.

problues99
July 10th, 2008, 15:17
I gotta say this is fantastic. This is the kind of thing that we can wave at big N and say "HEY, look what we can do!!!" major props to the GuitarFun team.

I do have a few things that came up as issues however:
-The sync, its slightly off yes, but the songs I tried weren't really noticeable, I only noticed because I was expecting it after reading this thread.
-(using the wii-gh3 guitar) there is no method of pausing, to either change settings, restart the song, quit the song, etc.
-The Refresh Songs menu item does not actually work. I loaded the game with 7 songs on an sd, played them all, then took the card out, erased the 7, added 3 and put the card back in. pressed Refresh Songs, and it starts to give an error. the program has to be quit (back to HBC) then re-launched for the songs to be read from the card.
-I would also suggest adding a Gameplay Options menu wherein there would be settings that can be changed for Screen lag, Grace period for hitting notes, as well as grace period for HOs/POs
-Most of the time that I hit a chord (usualy did this on 2 note chords) I would receive credit for 1 of the notes, but not both, then it would register the second one as a different strum, and I then lose the streak, points, and music.
-When playing, say blue with a rapid altering between blue and green, if I wanted to hold green and blue and strum to hit blue, it should work....thats classic guitar hero functionality, that is not the case. It registers that as a chord being played and acts acordingly (not hitting the blue note).

Also, i like the "3 note special" function. Especially because that implements the same functionality that my ACE program does ACE thread (http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=894246#894246) reading the Expert chart and deriving the easier charts from that.

TechRat
July 10th, 2008, 16:43
-(using the wii-gh3 guitar) there is no method of pausing, to either change settings, restart the song, quit the song, etc.

You have to hold down the first four fret buttons (:D:mad::);)) while you hit Start. That pops up the pause menu where you can either continue or quit to the song selection screen.

The author said he did this to prevent people from accidently pausing the game.

Edit: By the way, I tried using a PS2 guitar with my PSX->USB adapter (Radio Shack brand). It didn't work.

Bannana12
July 14th, 2008, 11:47
I'm having serious problems with this release.

1st. Can't even get it to load up in the Homebrew Channel Beta 8

2nd. Channel doesn't work either.

Help, because this is the only homebrew I really like.

EDIT: I realized, I am missing an icon and a meta file. Wondering why didn't I get one; and could someone supply them for me; on Mediafire

2.7b

1NOOB
July 14th, 2008, 15:00
I'm having serious problems with this release.

1st. Can't even get it to load up in the Homebrew Channel Beta 8

2nd. Channel doesn't work either.

Help, because this is the only homebrew I really like.

EDIT: I realized, I am missing an icon and a meta file. Wondering why didn't I get one; and could someone supply them for me; on Mediafire

2.7b

take an older version that work , then copy the new file over the old one and keep the other file(icon meta...) the description will be from an older version but it will be 2.7b