PDA

View Full Version : Here's my view of it all

IndianCheese
October 6th, 2005, 23:41
Sony had it planned. They knew there would be firmware bugs. They knew their system would be exploited. Think about the facts:

The PSP was launched with WiFi connectivity, which could access the Internet. If it could access the Internet, why wasn't it on the first firmware? They knew that after security breaches were found and homebrew programs could be run, they could coax the homebrew users to update to receive the web browser.

The PSP was launched with ridiculously crappy security. Why would Sony do this? They wanted hackers to breach the security so they could easily plug up those holes without finding them themselves.

The PSP came with the feature to update wirelessly for free. Wait...for free? So they hire people to work long hours in front of a computer screen to create updates that are free? There's something wrong here...

Sony purposely added the "background-changes-every-month" feature to the first, second, third, and fourth PSPs to annoy the crap out of you, so when the background changing feature rolled along, people would be convinced to update.

The forms of updating have grown also so everyone can update. "Don't have WiFi? Use a USB cable to download it from your computer. Don't have a computer? Update with a UMD!" Yeah. Sure.

So there's my POV. Comment on dis plz!

zackforbing
October 7th, 2005, 19:46
if they could have foreseen homebrew, why wouldn't they have just sold a commercial developer's pack? that would have solved a lot of problems. I kind of agree with your idea about the terrible security though.

pepegomez
October 8th, 2005, 12:18
i think that they didnt include some features to have a reason to let it update if haxors find the bugs.

Heran_Bago
October 9th, 2005, 11:48
Wait...for free? So they hire people to work long hours in front of a computer screen to create updates that are free? There's something wrong here...
You don't believe in quality? I'm sorry you feel that way.

bill00000
October 9th, 2005, 12:13
I have a little theory of my own that kind of compliments yours. I think sony may have purposely left those holes in the firmware, so everyone would be like "look at all the things you can do with this!", then dropped the hammer when they felt they had sold enough consoles.

nonzero
October 9th, 2005, 12:26
Your post is in complete harmony with your signature.

o0sambo0o81
October 9th, 2005, 15:40
penis