PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 refused classification in Australia

Shrygue
July 9th, 2008, 20:09
via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/09/fallout-3-refused-classification-in-australia/)

We didn't think Fallout 3 was close enough to completion for a rating, but the Australian Office of Film and Literature Classification has already refused to classify the title, effectively banning it from sale in the country. The game be resubmitted, with edits, in the hopes it meets the gudelines for MA15+ rating. If Grand Theft Auto IV could do it, we have no doubt that Bethesda will find a way to edit the game for sales in the Land Down Under. So much for the Bloody Mess perk.

lmtlmt
July 10th, 2008, 05:09
Now i have played both i uncut and edited version of gta4, there is hardly any difference what so ever, and it would have easily made an MA ratign without edits, but the thing is rockstar pre edited it before sumbmitting the f***ing idiots.

Mc_Logical
July 10th, 2008, 12:55
Is crime even that bad in australia? lol I think it`s stupid, and games that are rated 15+ anywhere can be just as graphic as an 18+ but anyway I hope for australians they still get Fallout 3, even if content is taken out, ebay will be your freind! as you know games are region free

Ultima Chocochu
July 11th, 2008, 23:07
Pretty lame
I don't see why other countries try to ban games more often than the U.S.
I know the U.S. has tried so, but still
It seems you hear it more often elsewhere, which I think is pretty stupid.

lmtlmt
July 12th, 2008, 00:32
we have no 18+ rating for video games we only have 15+ thats why more games get banned, cause they are deemed unsuitable for 15 year olds.

Lord_Lucifer
July 12th, 2008, 05:03
What makes it even worse is that after doing a survey on gamers in australia it appears the average age of the gamer is 28.... about time the australian board of sensors pulled their fingers out and realised this is not just something 15 yr old kids play....dinosaurs.