PDA

View Full Version : It Starts ..... Saturday

wraggster
October 7th, 2005, 02:30
I could be joking or i may not be but regardless of that something is starting Saturday and its gonna be good :)

:D and now ill leave you to ponder what it is.

*o*
October 7th, 2005, 02:32
what starts? what?

YourStillWithMe
October 7th, 2005, 02:47
wraggster-you smell, BAD! damnit now i have to wait if it's nothing im going to go cry in a corner, literally! :)

peace

SmashinGit
October 7th, 2005, 02:48
Pspvice will have sound? :P

AKB
October 7th, 2005, 02:51
for some reason i think that somthing big for the hombrew for v2.0 is gonna come out. or they found a way where you can have the internet on a version 2.0 or somthing that lets you switch what version you have so you can use 2.0 for all you internet stuff, then switch to 1.50 so you can use all your cool hombrew... and illegal stuff ;)

AKB
October 7th, 2005, 02:54
or mybe! being able to send txt msg's from psp to psp!! is it true that the V2.1 you can put gifs up for the background? i just heard from a post..

Psphreak
October 7th, 2005, 02:56
Maybe the Atari emulator will run at full speed with sound and a gui. I'd like that

IndianCheese
October 7th, 2005, 03:03
I can make and educated guess about what he's talking about, and I'll tell you. You wanna know? Ok, here it is:

PSPemu, a PSP version 2.00 emulator for 1.50 PSPs, will be released! It will offer full emulation of the 2.00 system, including the web browser, backgrounds, and of course, homebrew support! At least I'm guessing that, being that 1) it was supposed to be released a few days ago, and 2) this topic is in the Emulation forum.

Don't ban me for being a real Holmes, wraggster! Please?

AKB
October 7th, 2005, 03:04
i said somthing about that so i guess first :)

PSP_Newbie
October 7th, 2005, 03:09
yeah, Im betting my money(if i had any) on the 2.00 emulator, that would be sweet, and it was supposedly supposed to come out October 1st.
but since the wab downgrader thing ive stopped being to expectant for something to come out.
tho i am curious....what will come? we will find out Saturday :D

Takean
October 7th, 2005, 03:12
Maybe we are thinking the wrong thing. Maybe he is losing his virginity that day..lol. J/K

No harm...was just a bit of light humor..hehe.

ShinSean
October 7th, 2005, 03:12
I really want a PSX emu *sniff* :(

jOeBrO
October 7th, 2005, 03:14
you know the psone emu hasnt had an update in a while... you think pacmanfan will be releasing a playable version?

Festizzio
October 7th, 2005, 03:25
Maybe we are thinking the wrong thing. Maybe he is losing his virginity that day..lol. J/K

No harm...was just a bit of light humor..hehe.

Rofl! Hmm, maybe it's a full speed GBA emu! :D That'd be sooo cool!

Mourningstar
October 7th, 2005, 03:26
unless its a gba emu i dont think i will care....

Valiant
October 7th, 2005, 03:28
my first thought was psx emu T_T

poison2003
October 7th, 2005, 03:30
yeah im saying same thing its an emulator for 2.0 or something which has to do with 2.0 but slightly im guesing maybe a special linux based firmware for teh psp which will allow easier access to homebrews :D hehe that would be sweet to get a new firmware with abbility to run homebrew

Datre32
October 7th, 2005, 03:35
doesnt the gp2x come out soon? that could be it... im really excited for it :D
a tv out that wont cost an extra $120 like the psp tv, plus all the gp2x goodness :D

Mourningstar
October 7th, 2005, 03:48
It has to do with emulation, right?

If so, it has to be a PSX, GBA, N64 or 2.0 emu....

xuphorz
October 7th, 2005, 03:52
i'm guessing it's nothing huge, just some new homebrew

AKB
October 7th, 2005, 04:15
we might all be thinking outside the box.... think it might not be anything realated to psp, it could be somthing like the website is being chnaged, moved so that it wont have adds or somthing a little more better looking. it could be out there somewhere.. lol i dont know, i want to have internet and hombrew....

Psphreak
October 7th, 2005, 04:26
AKB, don't forget AVC encoding ;)

AKB
October 7th, 2005, 04:31
If anyone agrees to what i will say type 123 in your next reply.

"The Website Should Be Changed or Decorated. It Should Also Be Less Advertisy"

Festizzio
October 7th, 2005, 04:42
Wait, he says it "starts" on Saturday...maybe it's a new website or the release of a movie...hmm

AKB
October 7th, 2005, 04:45
mybe its a contest for somthing.... mybe best "somthing" ex' pre-made emu

Takean
October 7th, 2005, 05:07
Well its surely nothing to do with the website at all..because its only mentioned on the PSP side. I think it would be a great to have a full speed gba..but I think its probably not an emu...seeing how its usually posted without any hooplah. Probably homebrew for the 2.0 version...which isn't something I have been waiting for..but would be nice so we can use those features as well. Not holding my breath though.

It would be funny if on saturday, all over the world...psp users that have been using this site suddenly turn their psp's on and find it bricked...due to some crafty virus files we have been fed while visiting this side and downloading to our psp's..lol. j/k though..hehe

AKB
October 7th, 2005, 05:08
ya its has to be somthing with the 2.0

Mourningstar
October 7th, 2005, 05:13
I dont see what the big deal about 2.0 is....we all already have 1.0 or 1.5 or we wouldnt even be here....well at least it wouldnt affect us much if it has to do with 2.0....

Takean
October 7th, 2005, 05:20
But if its for 2.0, it allows us to use the extra features the psp 2.0 can use. While its not that grand..and nothing I would give up 1.5 for..it is helpful in the end if u want to have your cake and eat it too.

Like I said before..it may not even be any of this stuff..he may be just gettin some Saturday..hehe

AKB
October 7th, 2005, 05:23
homebrew is cool, so is the internet feature, i cant wait till both are together!

plus we can finally do multiplay with hombrew becuse we can link the internet with our games! if we tell the other a ip log in address then they can both access the internet in the game that has bin logged on to the internet.!!! 2 player games :)online :)

Tron_Fan
October 7th, 2005, 05:39
The truth is out there.....

On Saturday all of our PSP's will activate sending the final homing signal to a giant alien armada making their way to our planet.

Using the combined PSP signals they will disrupt communications and the laser defense grid (Google “Reagan's Star Wars”)

We will be defenseless against them and become slaves to their planet, eventually winding up as helpless pawns in their TV ratings systems, jacked into an online matrix and forced to watch MTV-type reality shows 24 hours a day while they monitor our combined reactions to see what’s “hot” and, well…….. what is NOT.

Mark my words.

AKB
October 7th, 2005, 05:45
omg you are so wrong, there are no aliens but sony has put a small EMP distiputor, whe on saterday the whole world will become elcrtonic free.... sony was a japanesse solider recovery station for the war, and they plan on world domination!

DraconumPB
October 7th, 2005, 06:01
Or they were trying to create a new middle earth in an electronics-free land... because they're really into LOTR. Alot.

(Oh shush. American Dad plotline.)

Anyway, I'm excited now. Wragster has a captive audience. ;)

Tron_Fan
October 7th, 2005, 06:02
omg you are so wrong, there are no aliens

Uhmmm... excuse me??! Two words......

CROP CIRCLES!!???

Sunray
October 7th, 2005, 06:06
Simple...

Its a loader for v2 that runs homebrew apps.

We can all upgrade to version 2 and 1.5 becomes history.

AKB
October 7th, 2005, 06:12
sunray is dam right crop circles are just stupid animals with head problems

Sir Crx
October 7th, 2005, 06:47
To me it sounds like a contest. Yet I hope its something to do with a working psx emulator.

Yet since ive moved to china ive been on dcemu a lot more than I ever have been so im definitly going to stay tuned into what will happen. They should have posted what it was lol im all anxious now.

I hope its good...

Neener
October 7th, 2005, 07:11
I'm hoping the psix is released, thus starting the skinning comp referred to here. (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10126)

PSP_Newbie
October 7th, 2005, 07:14
ohh, ohh, i know what starts on saturday.........The weekend!!! =P

V3X
October 7th, 2005, 07:36
maby 2.1 has been hacked??

Psychondrius
October 7th, 2005, 07:46
Either its PSix, or another virus :p

RedKing14CA
October 7th, 2005, 07:57
too bad on saturday im going to the crappy "rock of ages" with my love... we are both being forced to go... oh well...

Psychondrius
October 7th, 2005, 08:40
I was reading... it COULD be Britain's music and technology Download Festival, not that it has anything to do with PSP...

- Psycho

shadowprophet
October 7th, 2005, 09:07
Sure! its Saturday morning cartoons :rolleyes:

YAY Bring on the ninja turtles !! :D

Seriously a lot of hype had been generated on this.

I hope it lives up to expectations.

Ps. So it hasnt been six months. im back anyways deal with it :D

PSXP
October 7th, 2005, 09:12
all i know is that it is 'very' big and has been waited upon for a long time.
some people just like to keep u guesing...heheheh, lol.

And its not anything with sound on certain emus and s***.
Its something much bigger, but we have to keep it a surprise.

P.S. and just for future reference, i would be careful wat u download with now trogans and viruses and crap.

I CANT WAIT TILL TOMORROW!!! :eek:

shadowprophet
October 7th, 2005, 09:22
Yeah I have been gone for a lttile bit.
And I come back to just to understand there is now viruses to watch out for.
Just out of random questioning . if one where to take freshly downloaded homebrew and run it trhough somthing like f-prot . or any other decent virus scanner. Would that detect this new unseen evil amoung us?

Cause like theres this thing I downloaded.
I cant say what it is.
No believe me id love to tell ya.
but I cant say.
Anyway when I use it.
Somtimes it swaps my region settings and powers down.
The scary part happened the first time it did this. as I could not turn my psp back on for a full ten minuets.
I mean it did nothing. imagine.
There I set holding what I believed to be a bricked psp.
but by some devine act of God after ten minuets. I could turn it on again.
I still dont know exactly what caused this, but I dont run that program anymore.

Stew2000
October 7th, 2005, 09:29
5 pages in one morning, Is that a record?

Largo_W
October 7th, 2005, 09:33
perhaps its nothin else than wraggsters birthday.. :D

Psychondrius
October 7th, 2005, 09:46

Very true, it COULD be...

- Psycho

ClintiePoo
October 7th, 2005, 10:26

I'll have you know that Saturday is the anniversary of:

Battle of Angamos Peru
Death of Henri Christophe Haiti
Independence Day Croatia

Wraggster's Birthday, and the INDEPENDENCE DAY OF CROATIA! Come on people! That's the important thing. :) :) :)

mike61732002
October 7th, 2005, 11:04
I wonder what time on Saturday it is going to happen... hopefully (but i doubt) it will be at 12am lol! As for wot this thing is, I hope it is something which will run on firmware 2.0. Well I guess we are gonna have to wait a few hours to find out......CANT WAIT!

FrozenIpaq
October 7th, 2005, 11:10
Indie Game Conference?

melime
October 7th, 2005, 11:34
This really sounds like the neo ms converter :D :D :D :D

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/3060000000047194.JPG?0.11873489878688526

mike61732002
October 7th, 2005, 11:46
This has gotten heaps of attention now. Lets just hope it lives up to its expectations. The title saying "It STARTS..." kind of worries me though...

Amiga
October 7th, 2005, 12:25
what about giving us a hint on whether its emulator related or not :D

intheend
October 7th, 2005, 12:41
i think it could be PSIX or PSPone or Somthing for the 2.0 or a 2.0 loader that loads the web browser too or maybe even and english web browser for the 1.5

Tomppa
October 7th, 2005, 12:41
Arrrh.. Mmmh.. I'll be on a trip on the weekend.. I'll have to be away from this thing what ever it is until monday. Well see you again then...

pepegomez
October 7th, 2005, 13:36
maybe a mass noob kick event ^^

bill00000
October 7th, 2005, 13:38
I say wraggster starts a 20 questions thread, and locks it as soon as he answers the first 20.

Theories: One of the hosted emus is getting wifi multiplayer, or wraggster posted this to see if psp*pdates would put it on their site :)

Cap'n 1time
October 7th, 2005, 13:51
It is obviouse that a massive burning of psp's will take place, thus triggering the final battle between nintendo and sony. Jesus will come back and side with nintendo and all you sinners will parish for 1000 years on this planet along with sony and your psp web browsers...

after 1000 years, you sinners will have had time to repent. Thoes that do will join us in the end times to feast upon levithian, behemoth, and of course the ziz. Thoes that do not will forever suffer without homebrew or the brilliant first party games created by nintendo.

geise69
October 7th, 2005, 14:24
Well i know what it's not going to be. PlaySP haha!

Martin
October 7th, 2005, 14:27
wraggster you teaser :p

SoQb0nc5r
October 7th, 2005, 14:37
um, april fool day? :D

lol 7 pages of spam :D

buker007
October 7th, 2005, 14:41
Can you plz just tell us, before we do some stupid things ;)

vidgrip
October 7th, 2005, 14:51
JUst at hought going back to ideas about a web site re-launch...Is it possible tht Wraggsters launching a new site formatted for the PSP Web Browser?

Now that we can downgrade I'm sure there are some folks who'd like to see SCEMU on their PSP.

Datahax
October 7th, 2005, 15:26
It is obviouse that a massive burning of psp's will take place, thus triggering the final battle between nintendo and sony. Jesus will come back and side with nintendo and all you sinners will parish for 1000 years on this planet along with sony and your psp web browsers...

after 1000 years, you sinners will have had time to repent. Thoes that do will join us in the end times to feast upon levithian, behemoth, and of course the ziz. Thoes that do not will forever suffer without homebrew or the brilliant first party games created by nintendo.

What are you talking about.....the PSP was crafted by god himself to test us to see who was worthy to aid him in his holy war!

(see South Park Episode 4, Season 9)

The day Jesus sides with Nintendo is the day I become an Athiest.

jimjamjahaa
October 7th, 2005, 15:35
wraggs has secretly hidden some code in every download from this site, which tells all psp's to deploy their hidden legs and run off to wherever he lives so he can brick all of them and build a house out of psp bricks and become the psp king in his psp castle.

needless to say, im going to be chaining my psp up tonight :D

D-Boy
October 7th, 2005, 15:43
I just hope it's not something medicore since it's got this much hype

Plude220
October 7th, 2005, 15:50
Is PSIX coming out im really looking forward to that :D

sitexec
October 7th, 2005, 15:55
hahaha @ bricked house of psps. I say we just keep posting, and maybe sooner or later, we will post ourselves stupid, then we will all brick ourselves. *side note, im working on a human brick house

sitexec
October 7th, 2005, 15:57
a side note, i was also the 69th post =] oh baby
*and now ill leave you to ponder what it is.
69 Comments - last comment was by sitexec*

mike61732002
October 7th, 2005, 16:12
OMG, i just realised something. America is like 12 hours behind Australia (Perth). Which means I wont be seeing this for a while! Wait , is this person releasing it even in america? :S Can someone giv me an indication of how long we have to wait lol?

Sir Crx
October 7th, 2005, 16:14
One more hour until its Saturday in china. Just PM me whatever the news is and i SWEAR ill keep it to myself. honestly...

mike61732002
October 7th, 2005, 16:23
Im watching his moves now...

wraggster
DCEmu Webmaster
Last Activity: Today 23:21
Creating Thread PSP Emulation News Forum @ 23:21
Hmm i wonder wot he is doing there lol...

RedKing14CA
October 7th, 2005, 16:45
its all so obvious... on saturday... Wraggster will finally use his power, his famousy, his popularity, to spread the news of America's anarchy, and deception...

in doing so Wraggster will cause a revolution, finally, the laws and government will once again be FOR the people BY the people... (no more silly you cant download mp3 laws!!) and then the americans and dcemu forums people will go to the UK and all other places still opresssed, and start revolutions there!!! and then we will visit sony, MWAHAHAHAA, and we will finally slap them into submission!!

WE WILL BRING FREEDOM TO (MOST) THE WORLD

FREEDOM LIKE AMERICA USED TO HAVE!!!

Matarick
October 7th, 2005, 19:02
I think it is the mass production of the multi card PSP adapter. Homebrew on compact flash for everyone!

zackforbing
October 7th, 2005, 19:33
I'm interested to see what it is. But speculation right now is useless. however, it IS very tempting...anyone feel like a kid on christmas eve? :) what are we gonna get tomorrow?!

10shu
October 7th, 2005, 19:55
hope it s psix !!!!!!!!!!!!

poison2003
October 7th, 2005, 20:27
hmmm could it be that sony will allow homebrew??

Tomppa
October 7th, 2005, 21:26
Arh it is still friday, 23:17 at this point of the message. Waiting. Having no clue. 23:18 - Signing out...

E: Noticed that my clock was wrong.. Whatever

quzar
October 7th, 2005, 21:48
Quite possibly the new site, since it has been in the works for a while (i prefer this site as it, over what i've seen of the new one).

It probably isn't a contest considering the dcgp 2005 was effectively cancelled and added into dreamon because of the lack of interest in the original dcgp contest and the expense of it. Unless Wraggy found some great new sponsor that is, and not one who will flake out (see PDRC)

It has to be something psp specific since he posted it in the psp forum only. My bet is some sort of dev package for the psp, since that has been lacking since the start.

RedKing14CA
October 7th, 2005, 22:00
Quite possibly the new site, since it has been in the works for a while (i prefer this site as it, over what i've seen of the new one).

It probably isn't a contest considering the dcgp 2005 was effectively cancelled and added into dreamon because of the lack of interest in the original dcgp contest and the expense of it. Unless Wraggy found some great new sponsor that is, and not one who will flake out (see PDRC)

It has to be something psp specific since he posted it in the psp forum only. My bet is some sort of dev package for the psp, since that has been lacking since the start.

he said "it starts"...

hmm..... hmmmm...

ITS THE END OF the WORLD!!!

or... hmm... maybe wraggy is "just joking"

your guess seams good quzar

oldsage
October 7th, 2005, 22:40
*cough*publicity stunt*cough*

bobcobb
October 7th, 2005, 22:48
I know what the announcement wll be...

PSP IS HUGE LAFFORZ.

vincesecuricor2005
October 8th, 2005, 00:17
hi im a noob and in the uk wat timezone r we goin by?

salavati
October 8th, 2005, 00:35
Its a V2.00 EBOOT!!!!

Its allready posted in Newsgroups!

enjoy

vincesecuricor2005
October 8th, 2005, 00:47
bit dissapointed really as i have no idea on developing 4 psp but on the upside it might bring out some real cool new homebrew apps

Plude220
October 8th, 2005, 01:06
I Know what it is

Starting Tommorow Hes going to save a butt load of money by switching to GEICO DER :D

SmashinGit
October 8th, 2005, 01:51
Its 01.43!!

quzar
October 8th, 2005, 02:27
It's the 30 day psp coding competition

Festizzio
October 8th, 2005, 02:48
It's the 30 day psp coding competition

Really? That's disappointing... :(

xmodx
October 8th, 2005, 02:59
Ugh way to drop the ball on that one

Cap'n 1time
October 8th, 2005, 04:38
i dont think so... im still pretty sure its when the final battle between good and evil (good being nintendo and evil being sony) will start. tell me.. have you chosen the right side?

REPENT!

http://www.geekblue.net/images/Gaming/Nintendo-logo.jpg

RedKing14CA
October 8th, 2005, 05:41
who should i side with, Nintendo has the SNES, and N64 which i loved so much when i was a child...

but as i grew older i required more, music, games, AND movies, ON THE GO, and of course my harmones kicked in and i required something awsome and SEXY for the ladies... so instead of my clunky Game Boy, i got the nice PSP...

oh Sony, how you failed us with these "essential updates"

who shall i side with, the betrayer, or the betrayed

rpgjaugar
October 8th, 2005, 13:13
lol i wouldn't go for either, i have a DS and a PSP, and i love them both,they both have great games, so err MEH

samui_samu
October 8th, 2005, 17:39
yeah, i have both too, so it aint no thang........ :)

Something deep inside wants me to believe that it isn't the coding competition.

false hopes i guess :(

Datahax
October 8th, 2005, 18:03
(Who got it right on the post i made last night?)

It was that stupid competition and that just burns me up inside. Here I was thinking it was somthing I actually cared about...somthing neat....this should of just been posted as news instead of hyping us all up like that.

nonzero
October 8th, 2005, 21:26
It was that stupid competition and that just burns me up inside. Here I was thinking it was somthing I actually cared about...somthing neat....this should of just been posted as news instead of hyping us all up like that.

Welcome to the internet, where all is not how it seems..

Bus1nessboy
October 8th, 2005, 21:39
This blows. I was really hoping it to 2.00 emu because I had it before and if we could have the two of them together that would kick ass. :D

p4ch3c0
October 9th, 2005, 08:31
Well maybe somebody will code something cool like a 2.0 emulator for the competition...

Datahax
October 10th, 2005, 15:27
I don't get why anyone wants anything 2.0. The only good thing it has is a web browser. I hope the developers will not code anything 2.0 and just code a decent PSP webbrowser. Then there will be no need to do anything with 2.0.

Snaponracer8
October 10th, 2005, 17:35
I think he is full of crap, Saturday has come and gone, and i have'nt seen anything that has impressed me. Oh ya i have, File asst. rocks its great. I suggest you all get it . it has alot more than it says it does

Cap'n 1time
October 10th, 2005, 18:05
I think he is full of crap, Saturday has come and gone, and i have'nt seen anything that has impressed me. Oh ya i have, File asst. rocks its great. I suggest you all get it . it has alot more than it says it does

It was the announcement of a coding competition. wraggy left us to speculate because... well... its damn funny to see people join the forums and freak out about some supposed 2.0 eboot or somthing. So technically wraggy (our beloved site owner) is full of crap... and we wouldnt want it any other way. :p

shadowprophet
October 10th, 2005, 21:55
So it wasnt saturday morning cartoons after all :mad:
Damnit.

Im gonna go watch some ninja turtles reruns l8ter :mad:

lol

vincesecuricor2005
October 24th, 2005, 19:41
he had us all going :-)