PDA

View Full Version : Best Retro Games?

kyyubidx
July 10th, 2008, 21:56
I was looking through roms i have in my HD when I realized they were so many I didn't know what to play xD So what I'm asking is what do you think are the best games? Platforms I'd really like your opinion are SNES, NES, GB/C/A, Genesis, Game Gear.

Thanks in advance ;)

Eviltaco64
July 11th, 2008, 00:41
Hmm, anything Mario, Metroid, Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, Zelda, Starfox, Sonic, Megaman, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat sounds good.
Also try Gunstar Heroes, Streets of Rage, Final Fight, Strider, Vectorman, Golden Axe, and Wonder Boy III (its a Master System game, but most emulators that run Game Gear also run Master system).

That should be enough for now :)

JKKDARK
July 11th, 2008, 00:53
The best retro game is play with the sister of your friend.

Phantasy Star serie, Sonic the Hedgehog serie, Final Fantasy serie, Mega Bomberman

Eviltaco64
July 11th, 2008, 03:58
Yeah, Mega Bomberman is fun, and so are those Super Nintendo/Famicom Bombermans

kyyubidx
July 11th, 2008, 15:10
thanks! now i have loads of Genesis and SNES roms, and the best NES and GG roms... Now I just wanted your opinion on GB/C/A roms...

Eviltaco64
July 11th, 2008, 15:37
Hmm, get some Pokemon games (I myself played the game up until Yellow Version), Mario Deluxe, Tetris, Mario Land 1 and 2, Wario Land games, Sonic Advance series, Metal Slug Advance, whatever SNES games they ported over to GBA, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, Mario 2 (J) Famicom Classic Edition, and Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons and the Minish Cap.

masterchief929
July 11th, 2008, 16:06
mario land 2 for the GBC (i think it might be mario world or super....?)

JKKDARK
July 11th, 2008, 17:27
Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Emerald, no other Pokemon.

Eviltaco64
July 11th, 2008, 17:28
Pokemon Red and Blue were awesome too, JKK!

JKKDARK
July 11th, 2008, 17:40
yes, but they were the same game as the final version from that generation (Yellow).

Mark30001
July 11th, 2008, 17:55
Nah. Yellow was unique on its own, though they had the same storyline. To get the full experience from the Red & Blue versions, you needed someone else with a version opposite of yours.

Man, I remember when a couple of buddies & I on the school bus used to connect our GameBoy Pockets with the link cable and transfer to each other Pokemon that were only available in 1 version. Those were the days...

Dunno why the Japanese gave us only Red & Blue, while they had Red, Blue, & Green (Venasaurus on the box cover). Maybe they thought 3 games would be too much for our brains to handle...

Eviltaco64
July 11th, 2008, 18:36
In Japan, they only released 2 games at first, Green and Red.
A little later on, they released Blue version.
Pokemon Blue Japan had more enhanced graphics than the original Green and Red, so in America, they enhanced Red, and released Blue instead of Green.

Pokemon LeafGreen, however is a remake of Pokemon Green instead of Blue.

kyyubidx
July 11th, 2008, 20:23
you guys are awesome thanks :D

on a sidenote, i've been hearing talk about 32x emulation and I've got some games, are they any good?

Eviltaco64
July 11th, 2008, 22:12
Knuckles Chaotix, Doom 32X, Virtua Racing Deluxe, Virtua Fighter, and Star Wars Arcade were good.

Buddy4point0
July 11th, 2008, 23:46
http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libarary%27s/Pictures/NESGameCovers/Dr.%20Mario.jpg

kyyubidx
July 11th, 2008, 23:54
that's a way to make a point buddy4point0 XD

PX1296
July 17th, 2008, 01:36
It's hard to decide as there are so many great old games out there. I always liked the Contra/Probotector games, they're as addictive and fun as hell, but very difficult, in a good, challenging way.

My favourite out of the first 3 is probably Contra III (Super Probotector in Europe), as the music, levels, and bosses were great, and I'm planning on getting Contra 4 for the DS at some point. One of it's spin-offs for the NES though, Contra Force just sucked (But that's just my opinion, I'm not trying to make it yours)

I also like Doom. That's a good game and I recently loaded it onto my DS.