PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: PS3 to get In-Game Video Chat

wraggster
July 10th, 2008, 22:36
One of the most requested features to come with In-Game XMB was Voice Chat. However when 2.40 arrived, many people were disappointed to hear that it wouldn’t be featured with the update. Sony will deliver this addition sometime later this year, however they also hope to go one step further: In-Game Video Chat. And we’re not just talking about video chatting while you have the game paused. According to an inside source, In-Game Video Chat will enable you to video chat with a friend while actually playing your game. It will work in a similar fashion to BD-Live where there is a PiP (Picture in Picture) window in the top right corner of the screen so you can see your friend(s) while you chat with them. It’s unclear when exactly this will arrive but it should come via firmware update by the end of this year.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/10/rumor-ps3-to-get-in-game-video-chat/

Mc_Logical
July 11th, 2008, 23:11
Thats alot of bandwidth! lol I like the idea though, and I suppose it will be compressed down to the top right

masterchief929
July 12th, 2008, 00:35
that sounds pointless. i would want to be just focusing on my game.

Triv1um
July 14th, 2008, 10:46
Every pedoephiles dream.

F9zDark
November 29th, 2008, 03:36
Every pedoephiles dream.

LOL. I guess it isn't so bad. But I guarantee few people will ever use it. Is it a cool idea? Sure. Useful? Not so much.

And how will this affect online gaming?