PDA

View Full Version : DragonMedia Player v0.07 - Media Player for Wii

wraggster
July 10th, 2008, 22:48
Dragonminded (http://www.dragonminded.com/) of DS Fame has released a new Media Player for the Nintendo Wii, heres the release details:

DragonMedia Player will pick up files anywhere on your SD card, and plays sequentially once a file has started. Simply install into the HBC by copying the dmp folder in the zip file to /apps/ and run the program. Do not rename the folder as DragonMedia Player expects things to be in the correct order to function.

Supported Formats
Currently, this list is limited, as I have tried to set up the application framework before porting codecs. I am working on getting common formats such as flac and ogg integrated, and I am interested in supporting as many strange formats such as spc, sid, nsf, etc, so look forward to more support.

it
mod
mp1
mp2/mpa
mp3
s3m
wav (8/16/24/32 mono/stereo)
xm

Supported File Sources
Again, this list is very limited, nothing from DVD, USB, or Internet supported yet.

Front SD

Future Plans
Things I would like to add when I get the time.

Random play
Playlists
File source from Internet (and DVD/USB if documentation comes out)
More interactive theme support
Icons on file browser
Video (?)

Download Here (http://www.dragonminded.com/files/dmp_0_07_alpha.zip)and Give Feedback Via Comments

tomek123
July 10th, 2008, 22:52
this only now needs to show embedded album art from an mp3 to be perfect.

DragonMinded
July 11th, 2008, 04:40
You should probably update the description when you post updates instead of pasting old ones. There's two new formats since the description was last updated...

Mini Moose
July 11th, 2008, 07:59
How about MIDI support? [;

sheridan2000
July 11th, 2008, 13:01
You should probably update the description when you post updates instead of pasting old ones. There's two new formats since the description was last updated...

you should probably add what formats have been added instead of telling someone else to do it.....:p

____anders____
July 11th, 2008, 14:41
subtitle support would be my wish..

masterchief929
July 11th, 2008, 15:47
ok, sheridan should shut up, Dragonminded should take a day off and celebrate becuz he has the best media player on the wii right now, and everyone else should go and enjoy listening to music on their nintendo wii's. :D

DragonMinded
July 11th, 2008, 17:59
you should probably add what formats have been added instead of telling someone else to do it.....:p

I did add what formats have been added. It's in the readme, the release log, and on my main page. It's not my responsibility to babysit every news poster on every site to ensure that they get everything right. It was just a poke to remind the poster that I do update formats a lot so he should look for that.