PDA

View Full Version : Sony PSP 4GB Hard Drive Confirmed Officially by Datel - Packed with X2 Battery

wraggster
October 7th, 2005, 16:25
Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3702&&lsaid=219793) have posted this:

Thanks to forum member diehard for pointing out to us that Datel is currently working on a very hot new product for the PSP. According to the latest rumors floating on the internet, the famous UK based company is about to release a 4GB HDD for the PSP by the end of this month. Lik Sang asked Datel and received official confirmation that the product is on the way, but release date and exact price point remain undisclosed.

The 4GB HDD will be bundled with the X2 Battery into a neat 2-in-1 add-on that you would plug in the battery slot at the back of the PSP. Technically speaking, just plugging the battery module into the battery slot will probably not be enough, normally there has to be a flat cable or another connection to the PSP's Memory Stick slot. The only picture available unfortunately also doesn't reveal if the hard drive is actually part of the battery, or, as we first thought, if the 4GB hard drive could be replaced with a larger one.

We will keep you informed as soon as we receive more details and a final release date from Datel. Preorders are taken right now for US$ 249.99 and you will be asked for re-confirmation when the final SRP is made available to us. The current price is only the best bet available at our bookmaker right now, it could go up or hopefully down.

Datahax
October 7th, 2005, 16:41
That's ok I guess but you'd think it'd be bigger. I mean isn't a 10GB Sandisk memory stick being developed? (read news somewhere....can't remember)

If the above is true, then it'd be easier to carry around the memory stick than the HD

RedKing14CA
October 7th, 2005, 17:36
i woudnt mind cary around a full sized hard drive in my pocket with a cord going to my psp :) !!

i mean, right now its about a dollar a gig with hard drives, i mean, i would totally carry around a 40gb hard drive for like 30$ !!! i dont get why memory like memory sticks is so expensive, i think its cuz the people that make them kno they can get away with selling somehting that costs 10$ to make for 100$

coheedcollapse
October 7th, 2005, 17:46
Cool idea, but paying almost as much as I paid for PSP for storage is way out of the question. :D

PSPCRACKER
October 7th, 2005, 19:02
grt idea but i would only pay bout 100 4 it! i naw dis is a off topic but dose any 1 know what umd rip games can go on 32mb card or demo and where can i get them from? soz bout me eng its crap

zackforbing
October 7th, 2005, 19:38
i woudnt mind cary around a full sized hard drive in my pocket with a cord going to my psp :) !!

i mean, right now its about a dollar a gig with hard drives, i mean, i would totally carry around a 40gb hard drive for like 30$ !!! i dont get why memory like memory sticks is so expensive, i think its cuz the people that make them kno they can get away with selling somehting that costs 10$ to make for 100$

it's a completely different technology. a memory card is FLASH memory, that is, solid-state. no moving parts. HDs are hard disks, as you know, and they have moving parts around a big disk, in laymans terms. another factor is size. memory sticks are also expensive because sony is greedy. ever notice that SD cards are like half the price for equivalent memory size? ;)

alepus
October 7th, 2005, 22:58
That's ok I guess but you'd think it'd be bigger. I mean isn't a 10GB Sandisk memory stick being developed? (read news somewhere....can't remember)

haha. u mean this one?
http://67.15.28.13/~naoneo/naoneo/dev/pspimg/10gbduo.jpg

ClintiePoo
October 7th, 2005, 23:24
i mean, right now its about a dollar a gig with hard drives, i mean, i would totally carry around a 40gb hard drive for like 30$ !!! 100$

A dollar a gig? You shouldn't pay more than 50 cents.

Personally, I was disappointed that the PSP didn't come with a hard drive in the first place. It should have. 60GB, like the ipod. This 4GB is a start, but I want a better solution.

vincesecuricor2005
October 8th, 2005, 01:25
wouldnt it take ages for the psp to load stuff up from much bigger ms\hd, jus a noob question but the bigger the ms i put in my phone the more it lags wen accessing stuff from it?

Largo_W
October 8th, 2005, 12:41
hmm.. I would even by the HD if it would cost about 200. Because even then it is cheaper than the memsticks. and it include a bigger battery..

Maybe the CF/MS adapter will come out soon. CF is MUCH cheaper than MS...

slik da relic
October 9th, 2005, 01:13
i asked this question months ago when the psp was new. so now i ask again. how big can u go? will the psp read card sizes as big as 4 gig? 10 gig? i dont wanna waste my money if it doesnt work.

da relic