PDA

View Full Version : Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator for PSP) Test Release 12 12/07/08

wraggster
July 12th, 2008, 01:53
Jf (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3741&start=270)has posted yet another release of the Mac Emulator for the PSP, heres the release details:

Um... test 12? Had a stupid goof in the new button code that (among other things) prevented you from naming a hardfile at format time. Also, once you enabled the memstick, it was on for life. Both are cleared up in test 12.

Here's test 11! I made a minor change to the interpretation of the NOT SET field of the button map. It used to be any of the bits in the NOT SET field made it not match. Now it's those set bits exactly. Makes the logic cleaner. You match the set bits against pad.Buttons, and the not set bits against ~pad.Buttons in the same manner. Think of it this way: you have a total of 10 bits to match against; the first field says to match if all the bits you specify are 1s; the seconds field says to match the bits you specify if they are 0s; any other bits are don't-cares.

Big change for this update is memstick access!! Now I don't have to put up with noobs whining about not being able to use HFVExplorer. The emulator will now mount the files directory in the B2 directory when enabled. If the files directory doesn't exist, it'll create it when you run B2. This is the "old standard" for putting Mac files on a non-HFS partition, using helper directories to store the finder info and resource fork. As far as noobs go, just put .sit/.bin/.hqx files in the directory, then drag them onto the hardfile once the emu is running. I don't recommend installing software ONTO the stick. Although the helper directories should make it work, it's not meant for that purpose. It's really just an easier way to move files back and forth.

Download and give feedback and Compatability Reports via comments.