PDA

View Full Version : Psp Quran V 4.5

wraggster
July 12th, 2008, 01:55
News/release from burows (http://pspquran.googlepages.com/)

Good morning

PSP QURAN V 4.5
QURAN PSP is an application for a Muslim it allows you to read the quran on your psp console psp.

-adding search functions
-Adding functions Chapter 32
-new menu
-correction bugs

the English version not yet complete

INSTALATION:
Copy "QURAN PSP" to / PSP / GAME.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.zshare.net/download/15112885691df12b/

Bugs et suggestions:
[email protected]

For the next version:
I will complete the chapter.
I'll add the English language for the quran.

carpy
July 12th, 2008, 02:12
Does it come with a Bomb Belt?

bah
July 12th, 2008, 05:29
Does the old testament come with stones to stone people to death with for speaking of gods other than the Abrahamic one?
Islam has no exclusivity on unfathomable cruelty by the 'wishes' of an omnipotent and omniscient creator.
I can never comprehend the west's open derision of the Koran whilst still remaining purposefully ignorant of the horrors contained within the books of our own 'major' faiths.
Cheap jokes about suicide belts are about as funny as muslims making jokes about westerners having gay sex while bombing them by proxy with missiles. The reality is too serious for cheap jokes.

The 72 virgins is almost certainly a miss translation from the orginal source, just as Mary being a virgin in Christianity is one.

I would recommend all reading something by Richard Dawkins over doctrines of historic man made bigotry and control disguised as faith in a creator.

MicroNut
July 12th, 2008, 06:22
I agree.
Bigotry, hatred all around... its no good.
Religion is all about control and explanation of the unknown.
Not knowing seems to drive people crazy.
No one really knows... so stop killing each other over it.

The east and west derision of each others beliefs is equal insanity.

gensuke
July 12th, 2008, 09:53
I agree.
Bigotry, hatred all around... its no good.
Religion is all about control and explanation of the unknown.
Not knowing seems to drive people crazy.
No one really knows... so stop killing each other over it.

The east and west derision of each others beliefs is equal insanity.

Actually religion is about keeping people under control.

Anyway if we want to talk about integralism and excesses, when I was working as a contractor in the Kingdoom of Saudi Arabia my religion was illegal and the religious police could enter my house at any hour of day and night without the need to give any explaination: as a different believer I had no rights.

As another extremist example a Syrian friend of mine was sentenced to death because he obtained another citizenship and dropper the Syrian one (he is still abroad and alive).

So the problem is not the religion itself, but the imperfect men interpretating it.

bah
July 12th, 2008, 10:16
Religion provides 'divine' justification for actions that would not be acceptable if it were one mere mortal speaking his opinions.
It is a dangerous concept that divides people as much as it unites them.
It is a symptom entirely of the human condition, but it very often allows us to take things further than we otherwise would/should have.

People can beleive a flying purple pig created the world and they could still be great people/neighbours, but when you get large numbers of people with the same unprovable faith, and a leadership that wishes to push the masses in a particular direction then you can have bad human motives being pursued in the name of faith and divinity.
It severs the connect between direct practical morality and our actions by 'the end justifies the means'.

I agree it is man that is the problem. The thing is that these texts that receive such admiration and command such a following were written by men also.

In the united states, the government can come in to your house when you are not home, search, plant bugs etc, all without telling you and without you being charged with any crime.
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Political, religious or otherwise.

BelmontSlayer
July 12th, 2008, 17:46
INTERNETS: Serious Business

Veskgar
July 12th, 2008, 19:45
Some good posts here. I'm definitely in agreement that organized religion is a form of mass control. Its reassuring that a lot of like minded people realize that.

NyghtcrawleR
July 12th, 2008, 20:23
^^But it doesnt mean you/they are right.

uberjack
July 12th, 2008, 20:45
That's why everyone should convert to my religion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster)

juiceface
July 13th, 2008, 00:21
Religion is not a form of mass control in free societies. It is however a form of mass control in countries where religion is the official law of the land.

Now to let some people's ignorance shine.

Does the old testament come with stones to stone people to death with for speaking of gods other than the Abrahamic one?

Do you realize that both Islam and Christianity believe in the same Abrahamic God? Where they draw the line is who the prophets were of that same God. So please don't act that they are 2 different Gods worshiped by 2 different religions. Both Jewish and Islamic prophets advocated death for non-believers also. We have come a long way since ancient times and while Judaism and Christianity or any other major religion doesn't advocate death for defectioning to a different religionIslam still does in many countries. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam#Applying_law_in_the_Muslim_world )

sonofsamus
July 13th, 2008, 00:42
Does this discussion start every time PSP Quran gets updated, or is this the first time? I haven't been keeping up. I thought this was a news forum, not a high school debate club.

Veskgar
July 13th, 2008, 01:52
That's why everyone should convert to my religion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster)

:rofl:

MicroNut
July 13th, 2008, 04:12
Actually religion is about keeping people under control.

Anyway if we want to talk about integralism and excesses, when I was working as a contractor in the Kingdoom of Saudi Arabia my religion was illegal and the religious police could enter my house at any hour of day and night without the need to give any explaination: as a different believer I had no rights.

As another extremist example a Syrian friend of mine was sentenced to death because he obtained another citizenship and dropper the Syrian one (he is still abroad and alive).

So the problem is not the religion itself, but the imperfect men interpretating it.

I didn't say anything about "religion" being the problem.
Or that people wont use anything they can to control what they don't understand.
Understanding is a nice comfortable place.
People don't like to me moved out of their comfort zones.

Not knowing, not understanding drives people mad or pushes them to search for answers... right and wrong...

After reading the responses to this thread its easy to understand why the topic starts wars.

I wish I could be more like my cat... who views me as god, couldn't care less about religion,
but still seems to know more about whats good and whats not without much of a brain to confuse it all.

bah
July 13th, 2008, 05:33
juiceface:

1) Yes, I am well aware the concept of a singular Abrahamic god is shared between Judaism, Christianity and Islam, but that differing prophets/interpretations lead 'him to being quite different' between the faiths.
Abraham was a guy, it would be pretty disingenuous of him to try to promote 3 different gods for 3 different monotheistic faiths in his lifetime....
It's also pretty hard to miss how the creators of Christianity shoehorned it into the prophecies of the old testament whilst removing some of the less saleable parts.

You will need to illuminate more brightly to shine light on my ignorance.

2)I am atheist, I do not favour one flavour of the Abrahamic god over the other. I dislike them all equally.

That is all you will hear from me on this topic, arguing reason and rationality against blind faith can be an exercise in futility for obvious reasons.

RDToT
July 13th, 2008, 14:23
well you are a liar because I live in the kingdom of saudi arabia and people here are nice to foreigners
and if police wants to enter your house they would ring the bell .

Tetris999
July 14th, 2008, 05:18
Does it come with a Bomb Belt?

Hooray for the retarded on-the-run racist guy! I cant wait to see how you feel when you get hit by a car because of how you look or what you believe in ;)

Does this discussion start every time PSP Quran gets updated, or is this the first time? I haven't been keeping up. I thought this was a news forum, not a high school debate club.

Agreed, you guys open too much debate in a thread which does not ask for it

AdamRav
July 14th, 2008, 10:13
lol, i reckon if you changed this gaming forum over to a religious forum im sure these people in this thread wouldnt mind

wastemans

seriously