PDA

View Full Version : Game Informer Have Details On New Wolfenstein Game

wraggster
July 12th, 2008, 20:56
Poor Spike TV. Their scoop's blown! The first details on the next Wolfenstein title are actually to be found in the latest issue of Game Informer, which gives us information on the game's setting and requisite gimmicky features. Aside from the obvious (you're still BJ Blaskowitz, you're still fighting Nazis who are mucking about with the occult), the game will introduce a quasi-sandbox city, with different parts of it opening up as you complete missions. It'll also feature an AI-controlled resistance force that will assist you, and there'll be some Link-to-the-Past-ish elements courtesy of an ability to enter "The Shroud", a dark, alternate version of the game's city. As expected, Raven are handling development, and it'll be appearing on the PS3, 360 and PC.

http://kotaku.com/5024524/game-informer-have-details-on-new-wolfenstein-game

da1writer
July 13th, 2008, 05:28
This... is... FANTASTIC NEWS! When I heard ID software was making a new game, I heard rumors that it was going to be Doom 4 or Quake 5. I then started to roll my eyes and say to myself, didn't Quake (Especially 2 updated Quake titles) and Doom recently JUST get updates to their classic selves, more in particular to the "shaders" realm. I wanted to see an update to the First 3d Wolfenstein so bad, I always wondered what it would be like if Wolfenstein jumped to "Next Gen" graphics and gameplay. Thank the heavens someone was thinking the same thing as me! Can't wait for more details to trickle out after ID Software's current game (the race title). Now if only Duke would show his face...

jrsmaster411
July 13th, 2008, 05:38
in case you didn't know their was a wolfenstein on xbox and pc a few years back so it's already jumped to next gen before your saying it like we haven't seen wolfenstein in 20 years

da1writer
July 13th, 2008, 07:26
in case you didn't know their was a wolfenstein on xbox and pc a few years back so it's already jumped to next gen before your saying it like we haven't seen wolfenstein in 20 years

... I hope you do know that I meant "Shader NextGen".
Doom 3 and Quake 4 use an engine that utilizes shaders and such in order to look years above quake 3 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Which neither used shaders). I do know about Return to Castle Wolfenstein on PC and Xbox but neither of which has jumped out of the 1998 realm of graphics to the great graphics we have today. Look at Unreal, There is a HUGE Difference between Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament III when it came to graphics and gameplay. There hasn't been a NEXT Generation jump for Wolfenstein for almost 7 years. To sum it up in one sentence:

There hasn't been a NEXT Generation jump for Wolfenstein with PS3, 360, or new computers in mind.

Eviltaco64
July 13th, 2008, 10:19
If Wolfenstein gets another sequel, do you think that maybe there will be a Super Noah's Ark 3D sequel?
Id love to that on a next-gen system!

da1writer
July 13th, 2008, 14:27
If Wolfenstein gets another sequel, do you think that maybe there will be a Super Noah's Ark 3D sequel?
Id love to that on a next-gen system!

You sir... are hilarious!:rofl: